Old Rip Van Winkle 23 Decanter - Pappy

Tony
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found this tucked away in a locked case in the corner of a shop covered in dust. I never even saw it, the gf pointed it out to me knowing i like the pappy stuffs and she had never seen one of these. I think there was a whopping 45 seconds from the time I saw it until the time i paid for it. I still get butterflies thinking i finally got one, and at MSRP!!!!!

camerazoom2012021120341.jpg

camerazoom2012021120344.jpg

This is awesome good job!!!!!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Considering the increased abv and the cost of packaging, glasses, crystal bottle etc. Julian would have made more money selling it as regular pvw 23. He did this because he loves us and wants us to be happy. :bowdown:

Julian would have made more money selling it as regular pvw 23. He did this because he loves us and wants us to be happy. :bowdown:

Yep...just like God, Beer & Ben Franklin. With or without the decanter set, I believe the profit & product have been mutually satisfying for both Julian and us no matter the bottle.

A liquor store just outside of Nashville just sold their last ORVW 23 decanter for a reported 699.00. The distributer purchased it. tim

Although normally im all about the whiskey and packaging is least of my concerns this thing is truly unique. Honestly, one of the reasons that I'm glad I have one of these is because it's so nice, I won't open this right away. Right now I'm just "collecting" it. Don't get me wrong I won't sell it. Its just delayed gratification I'm just enjoying the superficial aspects of it and when I do finally crack it... Win the lottery, terminal cancer, retire, or pop it with my kid one day it's gonna. Carry a lot of perceived value as a pleasure I held off on for a long time. Of course if I ever see another at msrp I'm buying it and cracking it right away. I only need one to savevafter all. :D

Tim is a good bourbon friend. I talked to him about it since I already had a decanter set I got strait from JVW for retail. I was just in there two weeks ago passing through, he has some good stuff on the shelf.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.