Birthday Bourbon '03

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 calles so far this morning, 2 Shoppers Villages and 2 Liquor Barns. All say they should recieve it today, but 1 liquor Barn said it did not arrive with today's delivery and to check back on Tuesday hot.gif I try again later today at the others and keep you updated.

Jeff,

I called Shopper's Village as well, and the clerk said, "This is my second call today". I said to myself, "Jeff!!". I Got the same answer, "Maybe today." The anticipation is killing me. I haven't taken lunch yet, in hopes that OFBB will arrive and I can run out during my break.

banghead.gif

Spring 90 Birthday Bourbon is being delivered to stores in Lexington at this very moment. smile.gif

Damn, this is more anticipated then many other releases we have seen... All these updates lol.gif! I can't wait to see people's first impressions!

This just in: Shopper's Village on Broadway now has the Birthday Bourbon. Stock is reported to be "several cases." more to follow...

grin.gif I pulled up to Liquor Barn and a Delivery Truck with Old Forester on it was out back. HurstBourne Lane they had 4 cases after I left.

post-73-14489811268485_thumb.jpg

Way to go Bobby toast.gif I plan on purchasing a couple bottles tonight, and then more if I like it well enough. Have you popped that cork yet?

Not yet , I can tell you it is a lot lighter in color like Woodford and Bottle shape differences aside.

Damn Bobby....did you get the entire case?!? grin.gif

This is easily the forum's most anticipated release since GTS.

Enjoy it in good health. We await a review.

Cheers,

Omar

As the sun set in the Bluegrass, I had a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Nothing Better In The Market. I hope everyone who gets this OFBB enjoys it as much as I have so far. There will be other days and other Bourbons to be sure. It's all Brown Forman and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon today!

George T Who?

And just think, The experience of today can be blown away by the next heavy hitter that comes down the line!

The present Birthday Bourbon is the best Birthday Bourbon by virtue of the fact that you can Bunker it as deep as you'd like. Don't take my word for it try it yourself,and go from there. At this point it doesn't matter what the next lot of OFBB will be like........... Can it get any better? lol.giftoast.gif

Birthday Bourbon is to commemorate George Garvin Brown's Birthday( Sept 2) who founded Brown Forman. I haven't tried the Centennial I don't recall that it has created as big a stir as OFBB. Do you like it?

So, which bottling wins: Spring 89 or Spring 90?

Do tell, you lucky Kentuckians!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

Mark,

If you find someplace in NY that's got BB before we head to KY, let me know! I doubt that it will hit the stores here in the next week, but ya never know!

Bob

I'll keep an eye and ear out Bob and let ya' now if I should hear anything. But with shipping for you, you'd probably be best to wait till KY. Don't you just hate shipping a bottle from the city for that much money! haha

I had to go to Louisville yesterday...I called the Liquor Barn to see if they had OFBB...She said yes...Soooooooo...That particular LB (Fern Valley Rd) was on my way...I dropped in...Hmmmmmmm...Good Grief...I ain't never ever never bought anyting except Heaven Hill products in my life blush.gif...I was gettin' them for some of my friends...Only had a hundred dollars on me so three bottles was my limit...

The plot thickens...I waltz on in there and asked, "where is the Birthday Bourbon"...This girl takes me clear to the front counter...5 cases were stacked in front of the office...really outta place...

Then...She looks at my shirt...(Ohhhhhhhh #$%%$#%^^*) I forgot that I had a Heaven Hill barrel rolling 2001 team shirt on...She says...Oh do you really work at Heaven Hill?...Why ya buyin' OFBB?....

Duhhhhhhh...I tell ya...Now that was embarrasing blush.gif ain't gonna do that again...gonna wear a blonde wig and glasses with the nose thing...

Must be worth the trouble and embarrasment...Bobby's comments on his tasting has convinced me that my friends will really enjoy their new found bourbon grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Mark,

Yeah, I do hate paying for the shipping, but the sad fact is that it's usually cheaper to ship than for me to drive into Manhattan, pay the tolls, pay to park, etc.

I am sure that my purchase of OFBB will take place when I get to Kentucky. I just hope you guys (& gals) in KY, save a few bottles (cases) for us! lol.giflol.gif

Bob

I hear you Bob, I avoid the city like the plague myself. Thankfully for me Stacy works in midtown and does my dirty work. lol.gif

A toast to Bettye Jo is indeed in order.

Her latest act of kindness exemplifies the friendship and comraderie that characterize this board. And, ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh, she, like the rest of the board members, can be pretty damn spicy, too. wink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.