Four Roses LE 1B 2012

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got to taste this last night in the VIP hour at Chicago WhiskyFest. It was much more accessible than the 1B from 2011; partly a good thing and partly a disappointment to me. It was absolutely delicious, but it tasted a little less exotic than my favorite FR juices.

Anyway, Al Young said it was a 12-year old OESK. They were pouring it from generic 750ml bottles, so I'm not sure when it can be expected to hit the shelves.

I had it too the night before at Binnys World of Whisky, but it was at the end of my tour (due to how I walked the room; wish I had hit 4R sooner). I liked it, but it didn't "blow me away", like some other 4R that I like.

Yeah, this reminds me of the Colonel saying something about you either love it or hate it, and that he didn't love the last LE 1B OBSQ... and while I was sorta like, why o why Chuck do you not "get" 4R like I do, I was also sorta like, yeah, I get how you might'nt not like it (i.e. hate it).

So a less divisive 4R, a more "crowd pleaser"-y 4R seems to miss the point.

Maybe Chuck won't hate it? I kid!

They posted on their Facebook page that the official release date is 1 April, so it should hit the shelves mid April.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wrote to the local distributor asking when and where I'll be able to get this. Hopefully they have an answer ASAP

Excellent! Got an email back just minutes later. Looks like I can be expecting a couple bottles at the end of the month :grin:

I've heard nothing but good things about it. Looking forward to trying some.

Just wrote to the local distributor asking when and where I'll be able to get this. Hopefully they have an answer ASAP

I know where you can get this right now. :) I'll PM you

Got my bottle last night and I love it. Thanks for the tip Bmac.

I think I literally have the only bottle in DFW right now, no other store has even heard of it. Did you have them shipped up from Houston?

Got my bottle last night and I love it. Thanks for the tip Bmac.

I think I literally have the only bottle in DFW right now, no other store has even heard of it. Did you have them shipped up from Houston?

Glad to be of service.

The consultant at the store said his 4R rep stopped by and said "here's what I have.". Since he only had the one bottle he thought to hold onto it until he had more to put on the shelf.

I think it was luck. The Mariage 2009 was part of what he was given too.

They had the 2011 1B too but I passed on it, wasn't my favorite of their LE releases

They had the 2011 1B too but I passed on it, wasn't my favorite of their LE releases

I agree. Love me some 4 roses. Just cracked a 4RSB 2011 and loving it. The single 2011 is good whiskey but not the kind I fall in love with

• 1 month later...
Here's a review of the 2012 single barrel from "The Iconic Spirits Blog" (this was posted by the Four Roses Facebook page).

http://www.iconicspirits.net/newsletter854308.htm

I'm not sure what to make of that first paragraph.

I read this review also and was a little baffled.

Not sure why Four Roses picked this one to post.

• 1 month later...

Stats: #1462 of 5178 (50.3%, Warehouse SN, Barrel 81-2K).

Am I reading this correctly -- this is bottled SB (no info on barrel yield from my particular SB), but the aggregate number of bottles in the release is 5,178? Or does 4R have some giant bad ass barrels that yield 5,100+ bottles per? :)

Not sure how to answer your question except to say I have bottle 3332, 57.2%, warehouse SN, barrel 81-3B, so obviously several barrels are involved here.

I guess each BOTTLE came from a single barrel, just not all the same barrel, but I assume all the barrels are the same recipe and received the same age/treatment with this bottling in mind. But does lend itself to some bottle variation if it's truly not blended beforehand...which I would guess isn't the case since we have a difference in abv.

EDIT - the bottle on TPS site is showing 54.3%, can't read the warehouse or barrel number.

The bottles we have at Binny's are from warehouse SN , barrel no. 81-3M, 55.1% abv. Might be fun to keep track of the different barrels and compare the taste variation.

Warehouse SN, barrel no. 82-3A, 54.3% on mine.

I'll work up some tasting notes later, crude though they may be. It is mighty delicious though. Does that count?

Mine is 51.4%, Warehouse SN, Barrel 81-2F

Who has a warehouse schematic and/or numbering key? Is the first number of the last set the floor? The 81-2's seem to be lower in alc % than the 81-3's -- 3rd floor being higher & warmer?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.