Four Roses LE 1B 2012

AaronWF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry to revive a dormant thread, but I ran into 3-5 bottles of the 2012 Limited Edition Single Barrel yesterday. Other than a Jefferson's 18 that I got a month or so ago, this has been the "rarest" bottle I've run across in my 4+ months of bourbon shopping.

I spent $79.99 plus tax on a bottle (Warehouse SN, Barrel 81-38, 57.2%) and left the rest.

Should I go back and get the others -- for eventual drinking or for "sipping/tasting"?

Caveats: I haven't opened and tried this yet, so I don't know if I'll want to bunker (easy answer is to drink some tonight, of course).

Thoughts?

Edited by michang5

Sorry to revive a dormant thread, but I ran into 3-5 bottles of the 2012 Limited Edition Single Barrel yesterday. Other than a Jefferson's 18 that I got a month or so ago, this has been the "rarest" bottle I've run across in my 4+ months of bourbon shopping.

I spent $79.99 plus tax on a bottle (Warehouse SN, Barrel 81-38, 57.2%) and left the rest.

Should I go back and get the others -- for eventual drinking or for "sipping/tasting" on FB group or elsewhere?

Caveats: I haven't opened and tried this yet, so I don't know if I'll want to bunker (easy answer is to drink some tonight, of course). And I'm not sure if the FS/FT thing is for me -- maybe if I can get a valued bottle in exchange or a few extra bucks back for the effort.

Thoughts?

I think you should open it and have a pour or two. If you decide you want more for yourself, buy more. If you don't want more for yourself, leave it on the shelf for someone else to find.

Your other possible reason for buying more is getting dangerously close to a topic that has gotten threads locked and posts deleted. Just saying.

mich, drink it and if you like it buy some more. Only you can determine if they are worth the price and please be mindful you can give whisky to a friend but for an unlicensed individual to sell it is illegal everywhere.

Thanks, gentlemen. I'll give it a taste this evening and decide if I want to bunker a few bottles.

Thanks, gentlemen. I'll give it a taste this evening and decide if I want to bunker a few bottles.

I haven't had the 2012 edition but... I'm guessing you will go back for more. Four Roses has a way with people. :toast:

I haven't had the 2012 edition but... I know a couple of Four Roses hoarders,so I'm sure I will in the near future. :toast:

It's a very dense, flavorful whiskey, and I bought a couple bottles last year. I'd probably pick up another one if I had the chance, but I think I paid $65. FWIW, I much prefer the 2012 1BLE over the new 2013 release.

I will agree with Trey. Having a couple of bottles of both the 2012 and 2013, I would pick the 2012 over the 2013. Not to say the 2013 is bad, but I think the 2012 is better and I would buy more of it if I happen to stumble on to it.

I'll third the preference on the 2012, but it's by a rather small margin, and would gladly buy either bottle again.

There,I had to fix that for you and good advice on the BX,no need to have a thread locked for any misdirected posts.

Thanks for the fix :toast:

Drinking this tonight and with a little ice, just gulping it down. Wonderful.

Had a pour last night. Definitely the most complex bourbon I have tried. So much going on that I could barely keep up. post-9509-14489819142241_thumb.jpg

I know a couple of Four Roses hoarders

As my father would say, "hey now! I resemble that remark!"

Sorry all! My tasting and posting in this thread is actually on the 2012 small batch LE not the 2012 single barrel LE that this thread is about! Around here there is no sign of the single barrel LE and now even the small batch LE are gone.

Around here there is no sign of the single barrel LE and now even the small batch LE are gone.
A very common problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.