Tequila Forum

Max Power

A local store here has a big sale going on. I picked up some Herrudura Reposado for $17 a bottle, and some Cuervo Traditional year 216 which is really deelish for $8 a bottle. I kinda cleaned 'em out of those two after tasting them.

$17 for the Herradura. That's a great deal!

I think it may have been a mistake for them, original price of $50 or so. Very nice sipping.

The Traditional Blanco 216 anos at $8 was the real find. Clean agave with lots of fruit and spice. SBS with top shelf blanco it has it all...

A local store here has a big sale going on. I picked up some Herrudura Reposado for $17 a bottle, and some Cuervo Traditional year 216 which is really deelish for $8 a bottle. I kinda cleaned 'em out of those two after tasting them.

That's just good budgeting and decision making!

When life hands you tequila, make Margaritas!

• 2 weeks later...
Labor Day Margarita and guac

tequila left over from our winter Cabo trip

d16680eb-a916-4a2a-a9d6-e520967e8d3d_zps04a7307e.jpgf145f051-55c5-4f45-97d0-29d6d037dad1_zps275340ad.jpg

That doesn't look delicious...not at all. Salud!

• 2 weeks later...

my wife found Agavero Orange at Binny's in Lincoln Park; it's not easy to find.

gonna try their recipe, just with a different tequila

5624042a-8fee-4138-936e-f0af20a6c619_zpsec2870ac.jpg

c40cf4f8-cb10-40c1-bb0e-c71e37b86496_zps46b68479.jpg

K&L is clearing out the Corazon anejo tequilas for $50 a bottle. One is aged in Saz Rye barrels, one in Stagg barrels, and one in ORVW barrels. Has anyone had one of these? Drink spirits reviewed them a while back, but I'm curious if anyone here has firsthand impressions

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

having some ceviche and sipping some 1942 before the Nat'l Margarita Day margarita, which will be made with Clase Azul

86b107d7-08ea-4e42-a4dd-bd2ff34b0cfc_zpsb38f0807.jpg9aa09614-55bc-44dc-9dd2-baf4460bb173_zpsad016b9a.jpg

and...

metric measurements: 75 ml tequila, 75 ml fresh lime juice, 50 ml agavero orange, 25 ml simple syrup

f8b11eea-9db6-41ad-93a1-693c9ed2764f_zps0cf72d36.jpg

and...

metric measurements: 75 ml tequila, 75 ml fresh lime juice, 50 ml agavero orange, 25 ml simple syrup

f8b11eea-9db6-41ad-93a1-693c9ed2764f_zps0cf72d36.jpg

Agavero orange is a nice touch as it gives you the orange flavor Cointreau would provide but uses a tequila and agave syrup base. I tend to just add more of that and forego the agave syrup or add a splash of Damiana, my personal margarita "secret ingredient".

• 6 months later...

I'm trying to decide between picking up a bottle of Don Julio Anejo which is on sale for $47.99 or a bottle of Siete Leguas Resposado for $48.99. Any preferences regarding either bottle? Just started getting into tequila and have a bourbon and rum background. Thanks!

Edited by SLOandSteady

I too am new to tequila and recently tried Tezon reposado. Wasn't too impressed and as a result decided to hold off on my tequila aspirations until further tastings.

I'm trying to decide between picking up a bottle of Don Julio Anejo which is on sale for $47.99 or a bottle of Siete Leguas Resposado for $48.99. Any preferences regarding either bottle? Just started getting into tequila and have a bourbon and rum background. Thanks!

Personally, I'd go for the Siete Leguas unless you do some research and find it has changed for the worse in the last few years (it's still getting very favorable reviews from what I've seen, so seems promising). The DJ Anejo is IMO too meek and mild, plus it's more widely available and so can always be had later.

Thanks for that point of view. I'll grab the Siete then :)

Both are very good but I'd definitely go with the Siete Leguas Reposado over the Don Julio. The SLR is terrific and can be harder to come by, depending upon where you live.

Both are very good but I'd definitely go with the Siete Leguas Reposado over the Don Julio. The SLR is terrific and can be harder to come by, depending upon where you live.

Done deal. I think I'm lucky enough to have access to most of the tequilas that have been mentioned throughout this thread. The only one I looked up and didn't find was Don Pilar, but I've read that the same NOM 1443 also produces Dulce Vida which I do have access to.