Max Power

Tequila Forum

beasled

Tonight's sipper. Cheers all!

20200104_222436.jpg

The Black Tot
2 hours ago, beasled said:

Tonight's sipper. Cheers all!

Any good? Available in the UK? Options in the UK for me so far haven't been particularly good.

beasled
10 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Any good? Available in the UK? Options in the UK for me so far haven't been particularly good.

It's less agave heavy than I was expecting but still very good. 

I picked it up from TWE, they seem to have a good selection. 

• I like it 1

LCWoody
Posted (edited)

I finished off 2 bottles of ExA tequila tonight (well, Monday night and tonight). The J.C. Reserva I think is 2014 or 2015. It’s good, but nothing that made me go buy another bottle. The Sueno de Atzo is very unique. Has a cotton candy taste that is quite good. I really enjoyed this bottle. 
51416C67-CBA3-4DC5-9A6A-769875DC8055.thumb.jpeg.f3d4cdf8c24598e200110aec16431a29.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

beasled

Enjoying some Pasote blanco this evening, over a little ice. Ridiculously drinkable. 

briankeith513

Hello,

I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks, and wondered if tequilas like G4 Extra Anejo 55, El Tesoro Paradiso, El Tesora Extra Anejo, 123 Organic Extra Anejo Diablito, Don Pilar Extra Anejo, Tears of Llorona, Tapatio Excelencia, Fuentesca Extra Anejo, and Alquimia Extra Anejo XIV are usually available there?  If so, what stores there, or in Playa Del Carmen would probably have it?

tanstaafl2
On 1/24/2020 at 8:57 AM, briankeith513 said:

Hello,

I'm going to Cozumel in a few weeks, and wondered if tequilas like G4 Extra Anejo 55, El Tesoro Paradiso, El Tesora Extra Anejo, 123 Organic Extra Anejo Diablito, Don Pilar Extra Anejo, Tears of Llorona, Tapatio Excelencia, Fuentesca Extra Anejo, and Alquimia Extra Anejo XIV are usually available there?  If so, what stores there, or in Playa Del Carmen would probably have it?

Haven't been so I don't know but would be interested to hear what you find down there! Pay attention to the label though because bottles sold in Mexico are sometimes bottled at 70 proof rather than the minimum of 80 proof typically required for sale in the US.

• I like it 1

beasled

G4 Blanco hitting the spot. Cheers!

20200203_220644.thumb.jpg.e90a91f954ce4a20eb82ceec1ec402e9.jpg

Kane

To be replaced. I'm developing a taste for aged tequilas these days, normally I go for blancos.

IMG_20200225_210338.jpg

beasled

Couple of pickups today. 

20200306_152041.jpg

beasled

20200306_225517.jpg

fishnbowljoe

You aren’t giving up on bourbon are you Dave? :mellow:

Biba! Joe

beasled
On 3/7/2020 at 3:26 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

You aren’t giving up on bourbon are you Dave? :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Not completely, Joe, there's too much bourbon in the bunker to be giving up on it!

That said, there's less and less out there on our shelves that appeals these days, lots of NAS and craft brands at not great value (and the decent stuff is limited or prices heading north like Blanton's), so it's been refreshing to find a new interest of late, and reasonably priced too! 

Cheers :) 

• I like it 4

LCWoody

Having some tequila tonight. Not bad. 
6A813E71-148F-4C55-A806-CD6D7616BC0C.thumb.jpeg.8ceed9fb6c33d9c8902eda15d80e9687.jpeg

• I like it 1

PaulO

I've decided to work on some open bottles.  I had Exotico Tequila in the back of the cabinet.  It is a nice change of pace.  The label could look silly to some, but it's 100% agave reposado. 👍

• I like it 1

beasled

Had a little sbs with Villa Lobos blanco and reposado last night. Both quite light in terms of agave, but both rather enjoyable.