New TPS Bowman

Old Lamplighter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If anyone is interested, you might want to take a look at TPS asap if you are a fan of A. Bowman barrel proof bourbon. They have a couple of new barrel selections. I got an email today and they are down to the last 2 on one of them...Barrel #10, 19yo, 143.4 pf. I went ahead and took the plunge for one of each. There is a limit of one of each because quantity is so limited.

Looks to be gone now. Hope everyone that wanted in got one.

One of each here...been watching the site for about a month thanks to a tip from a fellow SB'er. Can't wait to check them out.

Barrel #11 is back up on the site - 17 bottles listed as available as of now.

Barrel #11 is back up on the site - 17 bottles listed as available as of now.

16 now. Thanks for the update. I wasn't quick enough yesterday, today I was. I'll pick it up on my way to Georgia next Monday, seems like a good occasion bottle to take along.

got mine about 5 pm CST--whew! there were 8 left after mine.

I really wanted one after hearing about it from dridge. got a little lax about checking the last few days.

more back up this morning.

And gone again, hope a few more SB'ers got some

Got a bottle from each barrel when they first came out. Got a buddy picking them up for me so I hope to be able to taste them soon.

My package arrived this morning and I decided that, since I'm off work for the week, I needed to try one of the TPS Bowmans right away...you know...take one for the team.

I noticed that the 19 year old has the same distill date as the gift shop 18 year old so I decided to a little comparison between the two (and I mean little. About 10ml of each).

Since the pours were so small I didn't try bringing them to the same proof so both were sampled at barrel proof, taking very small sips. At 12pm I was not prepared to drink the quantity and take the time necessary to write up a proper review, but I can say that the 19 year old is fantastic bourbon. To me it's a little drier and woodier than the gift shop 18, but I was definitely impressed right away (which was not the case when I tried TPS Bowman 18 Barrel 1). The nose in particular on the 19 year was a wonderful thing. Now I'm hoping that the 17 year old is just as good!

My package arrived this morning and I decided that, since I'm off work for the week, I needed to try one of the TPS Bowmans right away...you know...take one for the team.

I noticed that the 19 year old has the same distill date as the gift shop 18 year old so I decided to a little comparison between the two (and I mean little. About 10ml of each).

Since the pours were so small I didn't try bringing them to the same proof so both were sampled at barrel proof, taking very small sips. At 12pm I was not prepared to drink the quantity and take the time necessary to write up a proper review, but I can say that the 19 year old is fantastic bourbon. To me it's a little drier and woodier than the gift shop 18, but I was definitely impressed right away (which was not the case when I tried TPS Bowman 18 Barrel 1). The nose in particular on the 19 year was a wonderful thing. Now I'm hoping that the 17 year old is just as good!

If I PayPal you some money for coffee, would you care to try again with bigger samples :)

If I PayPal you some money for coffee, would you care to try again with bigger samples :)

I brought a batch of TPS AB 19 down to 110 proof this afternoon. Soon I'll do the same with the 17 year and gift shop 18 year and I can compare all 3 on a level playing field. You can still PayPal me some money though!

Glad to see some other members got one or both of these. I have not been shopping much lately so almost missed out. If I had not been on their email list, I wouldn't have even known about it. Got real lucky to get the 19. I saw more of the barrel 11 this morning but it must have disappeared quick too. Mine is due to arrive on Sat and really looking forward to it judging by what I've read here so far.

Mine are scheduled to arrive on Friday, I see some have already hit Ebay.

Mine are scheduled to arrive on Friday, I see some have already hit Ebay.

Really looking forward to trying these this weekend!

I see some have already hit Ebay.

those are some aaaaaaaggressive prices. I hope they continue to get the zero bids they have rec'd thus far.

Got mine yesterday but haven't cracked them yet. Hope to soon....

I opened the 17 year last weekend. It was way too hot for me at first, even when brought down to 90 proof.

It was a lot softer when I tried a small pour (15 mls) again last night, watering it down to ~120 proof and letting it sit for about 15 minutes before sipping. I think it's still hotter than most whiskeys at that proof - GTS is like milk compared to this - but I get a lot of berry notes in the finish and a pronounced sweetness. I like it quite a bit. I don't get much complexity yet, but I hope that as it spends more time with air, it will calm down more and show some more flavor profile.

We are going to pop the 1993 (18-19 year) this weekend to check it out. Will report back.

I stopped by the distillery earlier in the week and was told the new batch of Abraham Bowman should be released approximately June 1st. 17 years old and 140 proof (bourbon).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.