Four Roses LE Small Batch 2012

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Now that i finally got a bottle in front of me, Its the 17 year portion that puts this one over the top as anyone who snagged a 17 year OBSV gift shop single barrel can attest.

I've had no luck finding any of this. Searched some in MD and now in the Tampa area this weekend. I love the OBSV 17 year so I'm anxious to try this. If anyone can provide a tip on finding a bottle I'd appreciate a PM.

I've got to find me a bottle of the small batch. Hopefully, its still on the shelves in KY during the sampler

• 2 weeks later...
I've got to find me a bottle of the small batch. Hopefully, its still on the shelves in KY during the sampler

The Party Source has this right now, with a one bottle limit unfortunately.

Best regards, Tony

The Party Source has this right now, with a one bottle limit unfortunately.

Best regards, Tony

Yeah I was able to grab (another) one because of the heads up, and for a good price for me, even with shipping. So thanks!

I scored one of the TPS bottles, but had it shipped to Ohio. That's what you call long-range bunkering. I'll get out there in a couple years, or someone may come and visit sooner [if I'm lucky]. Uh oh, I just noticed the ship-to state was listed as HI, not OH, although the rest of the address was for Ohio, including the zip code. I hope that gets rectified with my clarifying email.

Edited by MauiSon

Looking around the corner, I can't wait for the Four Roses Limited Edition 2013 Single Barrel, looks like we all can look forward to a 13 year OBSK.

Given as a novice I have a limited understanding and knowledge of the industry, but FR really does stand out among some of the other brands and distilleries. Mostly, I just like knowing what I am getting in the bottle I buy and when the limited releases come out you actually have a shot of getting a bottle or two if you put in the work (compared to other premium releases that don't even make it to the shelves). One of the most frustrating things about bourbon for me (and I say this knowing full well those of you who have been at it longer are even more frustrated with it) is the disparity between bottles people want and bottles people can actually get.

With Four Roses, if you drag your feet you will probably miss out but if you just put in the work you can get lucky and find their current (and even some past) limited editions. And that is just not something I think you can say with other limited editions.

\With Four Roses, if you drag your feet you will probably miss out but if you just put in the work you can get lucky and find their current (and even some past) limited editions. And that is just not something I think you can say with other limited editions.

SSSSSHHHHHHHH! You'll ruin it for the rest of us! :grin:

SSSSSHHHHHHHH! You'll ruin it for the rest of us! :grin:

I was just spreading the four roses gospel, but you have a good point!

i cracked a bottle of this open last night while hanging out with the inlaws in the hotel. While having less than preferred glassware on hand to drink from, I would agree with others that this is probably one of great offerings of the year.

Great nose, lingering finish, nice mix of some citrus and tobacco and old leather. Super easy drinking for the proof. Really looking forward to sitting down again with this one.

A true gem.

B

I'm going to reiterate what I wrote in another thread:

I propose a moratorium on discussing the bourbons currently being made in Lawrenceburg, KY, with the exception perhaps of the yellow label. They already got plenty of exposure on Hansell's blog this year, and we've probably fanned the flames enough here as it is. I'd hate to see that brand go the way of the Van Winkles. Let the lurkers and flippers lust for VW and BTAC, and let's keep our own future rosy, so to speak.

Who's with me? Maybe we need a code of some sort.

Maybe (thinking out loud here) the boss could create a filter that turns "4R" into "Kessler" or the like...

How many parsecs does it take if I wanted to go make a "Kessler" run now?

;-)

Edited by ChainWhip

I'm going to reiterate what I wrote in another thread:

I propose a moratorium on discussing the bourbons currently being made in Lawrenceburg, KY, with the exception perhaps of the yellow label. They already got plenty of exposure on Hansell's blog this year, and we've probably fanned the flames enough here as it is. I'd hate to see that brand go the way of the Van Winkles. Let the lurkers and flippers lust for VW and BTAC, and let's keep our own future rosy, so to speak.

Who's with me? Maybe we need a code of some sort.

Maybe (thinking out loud here) the boss could create a filter that turns "4R" into "Kessler" or the like...

I think that if posting about Four Roses is fanning the flames, a post like this, so fearful that outsiders will discover this "hidden" gem, is fanning them even further.

It is what it is. We're all members of this forum because we want to talk about bourbon. The idea of restricting discussion of one of the most exciting bourbon producers doesn't sound like a good one to me.

Eh, you guys are probably right. But I'm not looking forward to having to get on a waiting list to get 4R LEs. And, what, God forbid, if the standard SB and SmB were to go the way of Lot B and ORVW 10?

I'm probably just paranoid.

Whatever. Maybe more demand of 4R will take some heat off the VW craze.

Back on topic, should I pick up the 2012 over the 2011 if I could only get one?

Whatever. Maybe more demand of 4R will take some heat off the VW craze.

Back on topic, should I pick up the 2012 over the 2011 if I could only get one?

Both good. But the 2012 has that delicious obsk 17 year.

On a separate topic, the US market only represents 5% of 4 roses production. And the have lots more capacity to increase produion. So drink up, they'll make more:drinking::woohoo:

Both good. But the 2012 has that delicious obsk 17 year.

On a separate topic, the US market only represents 5% of 4 roses production. And the have lots more capacity to increase produion. So drink up, they'll make more:drinking::woohoo:

The 17 year old is OBSV.

I'm probably just paranoid.

Not any more than the rest of us are. :grin:

Paranoia was me the other day walking to the register hoping not to drop one of the multiple of these that I had in my arms.

B

• 1 month later...

Just saw a CL posting of someone trying to sell a FR LE SmB 2012 for 3x ... with a link to Hansell's blog. Oh boy.

Just saw a CL posting of someone trying to sell a FR LE SmB 2012 for 3x ... with a link to Hansell's blog. Oh boy.

Here we go again :lol:

Is Wade on this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.