Four Roses LE Small Batch 2012

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just walked into my local store to pick up the Small Batch 2012 when I noticed something different on the bottles. Turns out some dude named Jim Rutledge wrote his name on all the Four Roses bottles :bigeyes:. Well I asked the cashier and it turns out Jim was in town (Redwood City, California) last week and now I'm kicking myself for not going to the store last week.

Just walked into my local store to pick up the Small Batch 2012

4RSmB 2012 is all ready out?

I hope I didn't miss out on it, it must be early this year, usually out in mid-September.

Oops, my mistake. Got the 2011 edition. Jim put 2012 on his signature to show when he signed the bottle and I thought it was the 2012 edition.

Sorry for causing a minor panic.

Edited by Shuboy

Just walked into my local store to pick up the Small Batch 2012 when I noticed something different on the bottles. Turns out some dude named Jim Rutledge wrote his name on all the Four Roses bottles :bigeyes:. Well I asked the cashier and it turns out Jim was in town (Redwood City, California) last week and now I'm kicking myself for not going to the store last week.

I'm assuming you go to K&L? They had a little writeup about Rutledge's visit here. http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/klwinescom-spirits-blog/?currentPage=2

I'm assuming you go to K&L? They had a little writeup about Rutledge's visit here. http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/klwinescom-spirits-blog/?currentPage=2

I actually got the signed bottle at Beltramo's which is down the road but I also frequent K&L. I typically try to check out both places for deals on whiskey and Jim Rutledge had previously stopped at both places for a quick chat.

• 3 weeks later...

These new annual releases usually hit the KY shelves first, so has anyone down in the Commonwealth seen it yet?

It's funny, I bought another bottle of this at a completely different store 20 miles apart from where I got my first and yet the they are numerically one after the other: nos: 3267 and 3268.

It's funny, I bought another bottle of this at a completely different store 20 miles apart from where I got my first and yet the they are numerically one after the other: nos: 3267 and 3268.

Cool story, bro.

Seriously though, are you referring to Small Batch 2012 or Single Barrel 2012?

Cool story, bro.

Seriously though, are you referring to Small Batch 2012 or Single Barrel 2012?

Single Barrel LE 2012. I guess I posted to the wrong thread.:) My apologies there.

These new annual releases usually hit the KY shelves first, so has anyone down in the Commonwealth seen it yet?

Picked one up today!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I was foolish and did not add this to the list of all the other stuff I bought while down at the festival.

Any idea where I can get some and have it shipped to Michigan since it is not on the Michigan list?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards, Tony

Glad I picked up another bottle of this last night because after people see this it will be gone. And yes it is that good! Lofty comment here but it is the best Four Roses I've ever had!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.