What Bourbon Did You Purchase today? - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ended up picking up a bottle of EC18 today during lunch. I figured I should buy at least one before they are all gone...

Got a Classic Cask 21 Rye as an early birthday present to myself. Anyone tried it?

...where's mine?

Edited by Virus_Of_Life
Watch the language!

Ritt BIB. Again.

I keep buying the bottles with low fills or holes in the bottom. Sucks, but fortunately at $21/btl not too painful to replace.

...where's mine?

Looks like someone has to find their way back to NC ;)

Edited by Virus_Of_Life
cleaning up

There was a tasting in a local store for Wild Turkey today. I met Eddie Russell and picked up my first WT Rare Breed for him to sign, and for me to enjoy.

Ended up picking up a bottle of EC18 today during lunch. I figured I should buy at least one before they are all gone...

not purchased today, but received today. Christmas in June, the holy grail of rye -- the missing piece in my Van Winkle crown! Going to be hard to not open this at my desk.

post-7896-14489818009027_thumb.jpg

not purchased today, but received today. Christmas in June, the holy grail of rye -- the missing piece in my Van Winkle crown! Going to be hard to not open this at my desk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13731[/ATTACH]

Enjoy buddy...:)

Enjoy buddy...:)

You are a gentleman and a saint. And I don't believe any of the things people around here say about you. :slappin:

I kept it very simple. The quintessential Summer Sipper, FR Yellow Label. Plus, a 1.75 of same to refill as necessary. Also, picked up the last bottle of the local shops Private Selection of FRSB. And finally, threw in a Jim Beam White 7 yr as another Summer Sipper. I'll tell you what, the Beam 7yr over crushed ice stole the show last night while sitting out back. I was very pleasantly surprised at the full nose, flavor and finish it presented. A nice sweetness, with the signature Beam flavor profile present, but not distracting. Extremely easy drinking at it's low proof, but it had enough heft to hold up to the melting ice on the warm evening.

Edited by smokinjoe

Nice Will! Which 4R is that?

Very nice, Will...there's some good drinking ahead of you!

Nice Will! Which 4R is that?

SB for Kenwood Liquors. Although I have been told the recipe, I've forgotten.

SB for Kenwood Liquors. Although I have been told the recipe, I've forgotten.

It's OBSV Will...did you notice that Al Young signed the back of the bottle for you! ;)

Edited by hectic1

I've been a frugal boy since too many purchases at the Bardstown Sampler weekend but a deals a deal so the last week has seen: WT 101 RYE -$19, WT RB-$29, 4R SB 100 proof-$31 and OGD 114-$21.29. Passed on 2010 Handy at $59 and Wiser's 18 as $33 and some dark sides which I may reconsider.

It's OBSV Will...did you notice that Al Young signed the back of the bottle for you! ;)

I saw that. Which immediately begged the question -- who the eff is Al Young?

Bob's neighbor.

(just kidding...he's Four Roses' Brand Ambassador)

Al Young helps with their private barrel purchases...surprising to some but Jim R isn't there for every tasting...same as Rob Hutchins for HH. ;)

I gotta tell ya...I haven't been party to a 4R barrel purchase, yet. So, I can't speak of AY v JR. But, if you pick a HH barrel, Rob Hutchins is a freakin' blast! Our group had an absolutely great time with Rob. He's top-notch knowledgeable, and better yet, a heck of a lot of fun.

Picked up 3 x High West 16yr Rye (375ml) today.

Added by edit:

Should have added it to the rye thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.