What Bourbon Did You Purchase today? - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a stout pour of Barqs root beer at the moment. In about 4 hours I'll probably be sipping on a Makers old fashioned. Damn office drinking policy. Why can't the office be more like the set of Mad Men.

Picked up a bottle of Elmer T. Lee 107 proof (BUB). They had several more so if I like it I plan on going back and getting the rest. Only $9.95 a bottle. Does anyone know what years it was produced?

Edited by Enoch

Picked up a few bottles today:

Fourty Creek Double Barrel Select

AAA 10 yr

IW Harper 15 year Heritage Collection

Got a relative coming in to town tonight who enjoys bourbon more as an after dinner drink than a drink to enjoy on any occasion, so I hunted around for a few things that have a "dessert-like" quality and came home with bottles of Elmer T Lee and Michter's Unblended American Whiskey. The latter has a pronounced butterscotch nose which should be right up his alley.

Picked up a bottle of Elmer T. Lee 107 proof (BUB). They had several more so if I like it I plan on going back and getting the rest. Only $9.95 a bottle. Does anyone know what years it was produced?

$9.95 a bottle??? Yikes.

Picked up a few bottles today:

Fourty Creek Double Barrel Select

AAA 10 yr

IW Harper 15 year Heritage Collection

The IW Harper 15yr HC took some time, but after a while it really grew on me.

Got a bottle of Fall 2003 OF Birthday bourbon. Left a 2004 on the shelf. $41 each. Worth picking up the 2004? This is my first OFBB. I've been enjoying OFbib from 1972 & saw these today while hunting in Covina, CA, outside Los Angeles(the whole area has been hunted before me).

The IW Harper 15yr HC took some time, but after a while it really grew on me.

I've always found the IW Harper 15 BHC to be very enjoyable. A pleasing easy going drink ideal for warm weather. Makes me want to open one.

Edited by Special Reserve

Grabbed a few 4R barrel strength selections based on a tasting some friends did and then decided to add to my OWA inventory with a few more bottles of that. OWA is a hard bargain to beat IMO.

Not purchased but a care package did come my way. No finer way to end the week with the joy of seeing what the man drop off on your doorstep.

A Saz, GTS and x2 HW 16yr.

A fine start to the weekend. :grin:

B

I bought some Four Roses and OWA today...I feel sorry for the guy delivering it all!:D

Total shipment weight

155.0 lbs/70.3 kg

I bought some Four Roses and OWA today...I feel sorry for the guy delivering it all!:D

Total shipment weight

155.0 lbs/70.3 kg

That should get you through the holiday...do you always buy your bourbon 50 at a time? :grin:

Picked up a bottle of High West Son of Boureye from Total Wines & More (grand opening today in Bellevue, WA).

Looking forward to BevMo & others moving in to Washington state.

Edited by ChainWhip

Total shipment weight

155.0 lbs/70.3 kg

While the lbs sound impressive in reality that's only 4 cases :lol:

Out of the boredom that comes with the lazy days of no new bourbon summer, I bought a Col EH Taylor Tornado. It's my first Taylor but not because I didn't see it at every other shop here but because I didn't believe this mashbill could produce a bourbon I wanted to pay $70 to $85 for. So far, it's nothing more than a finish but it's my first glass out of the just opened bottle. It hasn't a lot of flavor on the palette & the nose isn't present when I open the bottle. At least I have a half of a bottle of WLW 2011 still to drink before I start going through the unopeneds.

Grabbed an ETL and a Knob Creek Rye. Not sure why on the Knob other than hadn't seen it in IL and as I'm in Michigan it seemed like the thing to do.

Spotted a bottle of WTKS from 2010 just gathering dust in a little bit bole-in-wall place I happened to spot. So, yes I gave it a home.

Pulled the trigger on a Four Roses Single Barrel 2012 Limited Edition.

Pulled the trigger on a Four Roses Single Barrel 2012 Limited Edition.

Good call -- really great bourbon. Post a TN.

ER 17 from 2006 & a Willet 5 year, green wax

post-8572-14489818043312_thumb.jpg

post-8572-14489818043312_thumb.jpg

Edited by passthebourbon
added a pic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.