What Bourbon Did You Purchase today? - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wild Turkey 12 year old. Tried to post a photo, though photo bucket is playing up.

Edited by deathevocation

I have been on a buying freeze lately, but I walked into a store that I frequent and saw V17 .. left with 2

The local VA ABC here in Virginia had WT Tradition for $85 closeout. Don't know what it usually goes for but I picked up 3 bottles

I gotta tell ya...I haven't been party to a 4R barrel purchase, yet. So, I can't speak of AY v JR. But, if you pick a HH barrel, Rob Hutchins is a freakin' blast! Our group had an absolutely great time with Rob. He's top-notch knowledgeable, and better yet, a heck of a lot of fun.

Agreed about Hutchins. A super guy to work with and loads of fun. Must have skipped the humorectomy that so many in the biz seem to have had.

Bowman 17yo 147.5 proof. This is one hot whiskey that is unpleasant to even attempt at CS. Water does not seem to be a friend. Will let it air out for a few days but the jury is still out on this one.

Four Roses Mariage '09

Jefferson's Presidential 18-year batch 19 (x2)

I'm hoping batch 19 is one of the better ones...I've heard mixed opinions on different batches.

Picked up my K&L Willet 21 (the SW single barrel). Also grabbed a Willet 5yr 110 proof rye. First pour of the rye is pretty good. How does this compare to Handy? Willet is only 1 year younger for less than half the price, and I've always passed on Handy.

Picked up my K&L Willet 21 (the SW single barrel). Also grabbed a Willet 5yr 110 proof rye. First pour of the rye is pretty good. How does this compare to Handy? Willet is only 1 year younger for less than half the price, and I've always passed on Handy.

I like these young Barrel Proof LDI Ryes...I really do.... But to me, the Handy is way better. And, worth twice as much.

Picked up 2 WTR101 for the bunker. Don't want to see the supply of this one dry up!

I like these young Barrel Proof LDI Ryes...I really do.... But to me, the Handy is way better. And, worth twice as much.

Not to mention night and day difference on the palate.

Got three vintage 17 bourbons getting delivered tomorrow. Hopefully they are worth having. Any love for these here?

Got three vintage 17 bourbons getting delivered tomorrow. Hopefully they are worth having. Any love for these here?

They seem to vary, in my experience. I had a bottle a year or two ago that was great. However, I picked up two bottles recently and the one I've opened so far has been merely decent. But that's just my opinion.

Picked up a Ritt BiB for $20. Not easy to find in Massachusetts, can't wait to try it.

I picked up a couple 12yr old's today! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13742[/ATTACH][/QUOTLE]

Love that Mule.

Joe :usflag:

Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 2010 ($41)

Dartigalongue XO ($62)

Got a handle of OGD 86 from 2004 and a dsp 31 mello corn handle). Hope it's good

Picked up another AAA 10yr. I just can't pass it up when I see it.

I've only very, very rarely seen these in Chicago, but lo and behold, there was a whole case on the shelf at my regular Binny's last week. I recommended it to a couple small fry looking for good, cheap bourbon.

Not to mention night and day difference on the palate.

That corn makes all the difference in the world!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.