What Rye are you enjoying Summer 2012?

Lost Pollito
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had my first sip of Vintage 21 last night. Now I know what all the fuss is about. :yum:

What's the latest educated guess on the provenance of this stuff? Searching all the old threads here makes my head spin, but from what I can tell the Vintage Ryes are Medley, Saz 18 is Bernheim Cream of Kentucky, and current VWFRR is a vatting of the two. Have I got that right? From what I can taste (and remember of the other two), that does make sense.

From what I gathered doing a bit of research, the Saz18 was distilled under contract in 1985 at what is now BT and sold back to BT around '98. Then it was put in stainless around 2003.

I'm not sure about the Vintage ryes, but someone on here remarked that the V21 and the V23 were from different sources. The VWFRR is said to be a vatting of CoK and Medley that was tanked around 2003, and maybe, just maaaaaaybe some 13yo BT-distilled rye thrown in for good measure. But who knows.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!