Parkers Heritage 2012

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was disappointed with batch #3. I found to be be somewhat medicinal and astringent.

I'm drinking batch 1 right now...not a world-beater, but a solid pour that is substantially better than batch 3 (which I also found medicinal and astringent).

Hurrah! My first bottle is the devil's dump! :hot: Only problem - it went to my CA 'bunker', since Stirling Fine Wines wouldn't ship to Hawaii. I'll get around to it someday.

Hurrah! My first bottle is the devil's dump! :hot: Only problem - it went to my CA 'bunker', since Stirling Fine Wines wouldn't ship to Hawaii. I'll get around to it someday.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, guys,

So Batch #3 is a miss from what I read? I wasn't able to track down any at the initial release, but Batch #3 seems to be available now.

Advice?

THX. DW.

Hey, guys,

So Batch #3 is a miss from what I read? I wasn't able to track down any at the initial release, but Batch #3 seems to be available now.

Advice?

THX. DW.

I rank them in the order they were released...

Batch 1 > Batch 2 >>> Batch 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first bottle of PHC. It is the 131.6 proof. Price was $67.99, so it seems that I got a decent deal. Excellent pour--I'm drinking some now!

Okay, quick question. There are only three batches of this, correct? I have some of #2 (133.2) and #3 (137.9). I never saw the first release, 131.6. This past weekend I was in a small store in Kentucky on my way home from a very long day of booze shopping (following a very long night of booze drinking) and saw a row of PHC. It was the "Master Distiller's Blend of Mashbills" label and had the ABV listed at 69.7% and the proof as 139.4.

I can't find any information to corroborate this at all. Was I hallucinating? I didn't pay much attention because I already had a few bottles stashed away and was tired from the long trip, but as I thought about it in the car I realized I wasn't sure exactly what this was.

Okay, quick question. There are only three batches of this, correct? I have some of #2 (133.2) and #3 (137.9). I never saw the first release, 131.6. This past weekend I was in a small store in Kentucky on my way home from a very long day of booze shopping (following a very long night of booze drinking) and saw a row of PHC. It was the "Master Distiller's Blend of Mashbills" label and had the ABV listed at 69.7% and the proof as 139.4.

I can't find any information to corroborate this at all. Was I hallucinating? I didn't pay much attention because I already had a few bottles stashed away and was tired from the long trip, but as I thought about it in the car I realized I wasn't sure exactly what this was.

The PHC labels and their accuracy have been an absolute train wreck. I'm sure others could chime in on this with more information. I'm not sure if you discovered a new batch or another typo.

Anyone?

Oh, not to mention sometimes there's no label at all. Lol :eek:

I found a store that had 6 bottles without labels, glad to see I wasn't crazy!!

You were not imagining things. I picked up a 139.4 today. I'm guessing this is a 4th dump.

#1a 127 proof (error label that was re-labeled)

#1b 131.6 proof

#2 133.2 proof

#3 137.9 proof

#4 139.4 proof

I have seen in person all but #3.

Or, is it a correction to the third dump? Sneaky, sneaky.

• 3 weeks later...

Interested to hear more if the bottles opened up over time even more as I have read it would.

Thanks,

Hugh

I was just able to grab a bottle of this for $80 at my local store and now the dilemma sets in. Is this a bottle that I use as a good gift for someone who would appreciate it or do I keep this one for myself? Anyone have a strong opinion?

I could also buy the one finished in cognac barrels, but that really isn't to my taste I've found.

Thanks

Based on batch #1 of this, you either end up with a very thankful recipient or very happy yourself. This was the first Parker's i've had, but would grab another bottle in a second if i could find.

Is this a bottle that I use as a good gift for someone who would appreciate it or do I keep this one for myself?

Keep it for yourself ... give another bourbon for a gift. Best you control how and when its consumed.

Interesting, glad to hear it is that good. I'm over halfway down on my 2011 WLW and it sounds like this might be a reasonable backup.

Anyone know about the ones aged in cognac barrels?

Plenty of threads in here to research, including this one for starters.

I would keep the bottle for yourself I find the first release to be very good,the 4 grain profile is very enjoyable and one of the best bourbons of the year IMHO.The transition of sweet to spicy is quite exceptional and only flaw is the somewhat short finish for a BP bourbon,which is easily over looked considering the over all enjoyable profile.

Based on batch #1 of this, you either end up with a very thankful recipient or very happy yourself. This was the first Parker's i've had, but would grab another bottle in a second if i could find.

I pass by 6-7 bottles of this stuff every time I walk into a few stores. It's not worthy of the name IMHO. It's not that it's bad by any means, it's a solid bourbon for sure and I would never turn down a pour! But PHC sets the bar very high....and this one fell short.

Anyone know about the ones aged in cognac barrels?

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Much better than the blend of mashbills IMHO. There aren't a lot of finished bourbons out there....especially ones done well.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Much better than the blend of mashbills IMHO. There aren't a lot of finished bourbons out there....especially ones done well.

Me too... I like the CF PHC. I need to crack one open soon. Humm... Perhaps tonight :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.