Worst Bourbon you ever tried ?

JR1968
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I guess they don't call it bourbon, but I poured a little bit of Jacob's Ghost from a mini. Did not care for it at all. Tried another taste and confirmed. I wasn't expecting to like it but it reminded me of bourbon-flavored, cheap tequila. Like if you drank a shot of Beam White and immediately filled the glass with Cuervo. I suppose it might make for an interesting mixer but I don't do cocktails enough to bother with it.

I guess none of you are old enough to remember Old Crab Orchard? Took me many years to try bourbon again after tht crap whyile in college. I soon dicovered Old Overholt rye and Laird's Applejack at about the same price, then oved to scotch whre I stayed exclusively for years.

As much as I hate to admit not liking something from Texas, I recently wasted $75 on a bottle of Garrison Brothers.

Tried to like it on three separate occasions, straight, with Coke Zero, with Lemonade, Ginger Ale.... nothing worked.

Just an awful, corn-filled, cheap, young whiskey taste.

My last resort may be a 99 to 1 ratio of Pappy/Garrison Bros. :lol:

It's really like trying to pick out your worst ex wife, I mean, there are so many factors.

Or sometimes, like your least favorite "sexual favor".....

"...It wasn't that great, but it was still bourbon..."

Somebody just commented on my blog and said "The Bourbon Supreme from the 1960s and 1970s was EXCELLENT." Name withheld to protect the insane.

As much as I hate to admit not liking something from Texas, I recently wasted $75 on a bottle of Garrison Brothers.

Tried to like it on three separate occasions, straight, with Coke Zero, with Lemonade, Ginger Ale.... nothing worked.

Just an awful, corn-filled, cheap, young whiskey taste.

My last resort may be a 99 to 1 ratio of Pappy/Garrison Bros. :lol:

I whole heartily agree. I really wanted to like this bourbon but got the same young, corn, musty taste. I'm glad I only paid for a drink at the bar and didn't waste $80 on it. The pour was $12; that's bad enough.

According to their website their two year old stuff rivals that of the American South. Wouldn't bet their side in a match though.

Did she get it at Stein Mart? :lol:

I don't get too picky about internet websites but their lack of grammar makes you wonder if they haven't been nipping the juice a little. It matches some of our postings after midnight on a Friday night. :lol:

"To have it micro-distilled in Oregon is truly unique and are a must-buys!"

According to their website their two year old stuff rivals that of the American South. Wouldn't bet their side in a match though.

It doesn't even taste like bourbon so....I think it was like $35 too

Did she get it at Stein Mart? :lol:

I don't get too picky about internet websites but their lack of grammar makes you wonder if they haven't been nipping the juice a little. It matches some of our postings after midnight on a Friday night. :lol:

"To have it micro-distilled in Oregon is truly unique and are a must-buys!"

haha, believe it or not I have seen it in several local stores. Doesn't seem to move at all so not sure how much of a "must-buys" it is!

Their site emphasizes they grow their own grain, perhaps they should should study distilling instead of agriculture.

James E. Pepper bourbon, no special age. It was just far too much alcohol heat, sharpness and lack of balance. At least the bottle I tasted. On the other hand, I guess it says I am fortunate if this counts as my worst.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.