Van Winkle Decides Not to Announce Shipments This Year

yerrbo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll be directing people towards liquor stores that have not treated me well in the past.

Call these guys...there phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx...they always have some!!

...And if they say they don't they are lying! Just be persistent. You have to go there in person and buy lots of Vodka to get in on the Pappy stuff... Be sure to buy LOTS of Vodka, and always say when you check out "I love Pappy"...

OK. So, VW won't announce shipments. A good thing. Therefore, I am calling for a "Binding Gentlemen's Agreement". This agreement will dictate that we all vow going forward into the Fall NO ONE will post and ask the question: "Has anyone seen the Pappy's in "Fill-in-the-blank Town, Fill-in-the-blank State" ? Please?!?!?!? And, if a Newbie comes in asking same, we will all hit the IGNORE button??? No snide answers. No debates. No regurgitated info for the 1000th time. No nothing. Silence. I can't take another season of 75 threads, and 1,000 pages of PVW-mania. I'd rather have a root canal.

I'll be the first to sign:

Smokinjoe

Who's with me?

I am posting here to put you on notice that I WILL NOT post on this thread or its relatives. I will read em and laugh my a** off at the funny responses though.

Is this the thread where I ask for help finding a case of VWFRR for my wife? She really likes it and our anniversary is coming up.

Thanks SB members, you guys are keen!

I heard that if the Taliban receives a case of Pappy 15 and at least one bottle of rye by Christmas, then they will end terrorism.

I found twelve cases of last year's Pappy 15 when I was cleaning out my grandfather's mausoleum. pm if interested.

I found a case of PVW 23 behind some sheet rock we took down. With it was a dead body and a note saying "don't steal my pappy."

Is this stuff hard to find? Just picked up a mixed case 3 Pappy 15, 3 Pappy 20, 3 Pappy 23 and 3 Rye. Should last til Spring.

Is this the thread where I ask for help finding a case of VWFRR for my wife? She really likes it and our anniversary is coming up.

Thanks SB members, you guys are keen!

PM Joe every week to inquire about VWFRR Juice availability. Great guy,he won't mind.

I'd settle for another bottle of this year's Parker's Heritage. Got a bottle last month at Toddy's wish I would have bought more. We don't see much Pappy in Texas.

Wow, big price hike on the 15 year. I think Lot B is the new bargain of the pack.

I disagree that these would be bargains at twice the price. One of the great things about the Van Winkle line is that they were reasonably priced.

I've never been able to spring for the 23 year when I've had the option of the 20 year, but at $250 I doubt I'll ever pull the trigger.

Interesting that they are cutting out the 10/90. Did anyone see that coming?

There were multiple cases of 10/90 at a store in Bardstown from the fall allocation.

There were multiple cases of 10/90 at a store in Bardstown from the fall allocation.

Based on the bottle code B1203410:53m (as i was lucky enough to snag a few from said store), looking like bottled back in the winter. Maybe Spring release just eeking out of distributor now?

Wow, big price hike on the 15 year.

What were you paying before? MSRP for 15 has been $79 for at least 2 years now out in CA. All these prices are exactly the same as last year.

Edited by compliance

I got a bottle of 15 in the spring for $64.99. $39.99 for the OR107 is about $10 higher than a year ago.

Van Winkle prices in WA state stores prior to privatization:

10/90 $28.55

10/107 $32.95

12 $51.15

13 $59.85

15 $59.85

20 $103.50

23/95 $245.95

23/114 $380.20

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.