So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

No picture but I had 1/2 a 09 CoRo this evening. Only half because the first mosquito I've seen this year bit me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of a cigar guy but today i felt one would do in order to celebrate the end of a dragged out winter here in New England.

1491701504639-20647162.jpg

Last night started as a nice 50th birthday party at my neighbor's across the street and then got kind of crazy in unexpected ways. After all had settled down I needed to decompress. An Alec Bradley Sanctum and Spice Tree Extravaganza helped nicely.

11 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Last night started as a nice 50th birthday party at my neighbor's across the street and then got kind of crazy in unexpected ways. After all had settled down I needed to decompress. An Alec Bradley Sanctum and Spice Tree Extravaganza helped nicely.

Really?  Crazy in unexpected ways? What, did Cofer stop by with something other than his usual Jim Beam White???

Really?  Crazy in unexpected ways? What, did Cofer stop by with something other than his usual Jim Beam White???

Police, assault rifles, kidnapping threats, normal East Cobb type stuff.

Beautiful Spring Sunday morning with a L'Atelier 52 and coffee

IMG_5476.jpg.196d79f5aa14a5c8ca8a442220ee527b.jpg  IMG_5478.jpg.665236e4e57719e0d2eba10ead7bf05d.jpg

3 hours ago, BigRich said:

Police, assault rifles, kidnapping threats, normal East Cobb type stuff.

Damn!  And you thought you left all this when you got out of the Wheeler district!  :lol:

Damn!  And you thought you left all this when you got out of the Wheeler district!  :lol:

Once a Wheeler OG, always a Wheeler OG

Jose L Piedra. Short filler Machine rolled Cuban. Not a bad cigar for $1 each but don't expect it to hold an ash

Macanudo Estate from a friend and a special brew from Surley's thanks to a fellow BOTL.  What a great brew.

IMG_5484.jpg.4459979ccab5f92838378d81a37cb81b.jpg  IMG_5487.jpg.f18c8d2b8ae135a4e8beb138a4fa0ce8.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg.68d14f999be3b44abb369c8ef1f5f057.jpgIMG_5494.jpg.fcd7f68dc3f45eee978362e3e03d0fc4.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg.59886a4b8bb0814cd14c725d72d85331.jpg

It's only 50 outside, but the wind finally died down so decided to go out and enjoy a La Gloria Cubana Serie R along with a nice pour from a PS BT.

Side note: Mrs. Vosgar is on vacation with her sister and I've noticed that since she's been gone the size of my nightly pour has gotten significantly larger. Apparently my reflexes while pouring slow down when she's not here..........

Edited by Vosgar

28 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It's only 50 outside, but the wind finally died down so decided to go out and enjoy a La Gloria Cubana Serie R along with a nice pour from a PS BT.

Side note: Mrs. Vosgar is on vacation with her sister and I've noticed that since she's been gone the size of my nightly pour has gotten significantly larger. Apparently my reflexes while pouring slow down when she's not here..........

Memories.  Thanks.

I used to smoke mail-order LGC Wavells on the way to and from work (after Butera Bravo Cortos got rare around here).  The 5X50 lasted from pulling away from the curb to hitting the work garage when I'd plunk the butt in a paper cup with a little water in it.  I smoked a second one on the way home and plunked it in the same cup which I'd then drop in the trash before going inside.  I hated rain or snow - sometimes had to put the top up on my cheapo Chrysler Le Baron convertible, but it had a GREAT heater so if the R or S wasn't TOO bad . . .  I miss the cigars more than I miss that car - 140,000+ when I traded it in.

So, thanks again.

45 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

And I bet you're gonna stick to that huh? :lol:

Cohiba Behike 52 on this beautiful Easter Sunday morning here in Eastern Tennessee

IMG_5521.jpg.0d5cc44ab6a20b6e303a7b70b56cfb50.jpg  IMG_5526.jpg.bb02de809fd10d623efa2286a49a4f8e.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg.3b2713507cc89a654391e8007d87ac17.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just a down right shitty day today, so much so that Mrs. Vosgar practically ordered me outside to have a cigar and a pour. I was in such a foul mood that I didn't want anything more than something middle of the road, just in case my assholishness would ruin any really good stuff. Having a Partagas Cifuentes and the last pour from a bottle of RR10/90, a couple of standby's that never let me down. Nothing spectacular, but darn tasty.

As usual, my lovely bride was right and the day is getting better, much better.

Enjoyed a '15 PLPC with a Bulleit Rye Manhattan while watching NHL playoffs. A good cigar, a great drink and a great game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had a Saint Luis Rey double corona from '07 while cutting the grass. I normally prefer something smaller but this made it an enjoyable chore. First third was a little muted but from there on it was a really awesome smoke.

20170517_110650.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...