Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm still patiently waiting for this to hit in the northeast... nothing that I know of yet

Would each batch be a different proof like PHC?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Each barrel is a different proof, which is why they are handwriting the proof on the label.

I tried it last night at Whiskey Live NYC and like others thought it was really tasty. Maybe a little hot with all that alcohol but a splash of water probably would have taken care of it. I asked the Heaven Hill rep there what the availability was going to be like going forward and she said the stock would not be as available as the regular EC12 or EWSB but it they're making more of it than Parker's Heritage.
Lord knows this initial wave was smaller than any single dump of last years PHC. Maybe they're going to dole it out slowly throughout the year?

Sounds good since I saw two bottles of PHC at a place that had sold all of their ECBP so maybe it just needs time to get out there more. It would be nice if it becomes a semi regular thing. I have a place I could go try it but at 14 for a 2oz pour I dont know id rather just go get another bottle of something. I don't even know if that a good deal or not, can't say Ive ordered a lot of whisky/bourbon in bars that wasn't for just a shot.

Edited by loki993

That is reasonable considering you are getting nearly 3 drinks if going by the universal formula (1.5oz of 80 proof).

Maybe he will do a 1/2 pour for 7 bucks. Then it is priced like any other drink at a decent bar.

sounds good since I saw two bottles of PHC at a place that had sold all of the ECBP so maybe it just needs time to get out there more. It would be nice if it becomes a semi regular thing. I have a place I could go try it but at 14 for a 2oz pour I dont know id rather just go get another bottle of something. I don't even know if that a good deal or not, can't say Ive ordered a lot of whisky/bourbon in bars that wasn't for just a shot.

Well in fairness, she actually said "They'll be making more of it than this..." and pointed to a bottle of Parker's Heritage on the table. I don't remember exactly what the label said so I suppose it could have been some type of limited release or extra aged edition.

Found one in the wild today, leaving two behind as not to be greedy. Now having tasted it . . . wondering if maybe I should have left just one ;)

Bought a bottle of this today and cracked it open at the store so the folks there could try it as well. Pretty tasty.

Best regards, Tony

Bought a bottle of this today and cracked it open at the store so the folks there could try it as well. Pretty tasty.

Best regards, Tony

I admire your noble and generous spirit, sir.

Loved it enough that I'm picking up a second bottle - and excited for the chance!

I found that vatting it with EC18 brings down the heat. And man is it tasty!!!!

I think more may be filtering out. I jus saw three bottles in the wild and sitting on the shelf at a store that already got a case and sold it, or at least thats what they told me. So maybe people are getting seconds shipments of it. I've spend too much though and I had to pass, hopefully there is still a bottle left when I get paid. Even still though at 54 dollars its two bottles of what I usually drink.

Barrel selections of this will not be happening either. Amazing what gets lost in translation between operations at the distillery and sales departments. Sales assured it was an option (even showing notes from a recent meeting) "that they could move on quickly". Operations says it was never an option and "ain't gonna happen".

My solution and rationale is what does it matter if you get the same number of dollars for 22 cases of 90 proof that you would for 17 cases of barrel strength.

I think the marketing message of intentional brand scarcity is being annoyingly applied across the bourbon landscape. Thanks pappy :shocked:

I think the marketing message of intentional brand scarcity is being annoyingly applied across the bourbon landscape. Thanks pappy :shocked:

And the real dilemma is if it doesn't fly off the shelves in your market, they may not send as much in the future to that market. But it you buy every bottle you see, they cry about "unexpected demand" (after touting the scarcity to begin with) and jack the price up. Hello, Rock. Meet my friend HP :smiley_acbt:

The scarcity of ECBS is annoying but has yet to reach Van Winkle levels of annoying for me. If they do it again, I'll try and buy it again. If I have to get on a list to buy it, I'm out.

The scarcity of ECBS is annoying but has yet to reach Van Winkle levels of annoying for me. If they do it again, I'll try and buy it again. If I have to get on a list to buy it, I'm out.
Ditto. There's only so much one can do before the bother is no longer worth it.

I'm thankful they offered it at all.

I'm with Squire. EC12 BP is like what happens to bourbon when enthusiasts take over the industry. Where else do we see an expression get beefed up to barrel strength by 50% abv and the price follows with the same 50% increase?

More drinkers are learning good taste in bourbon. I think that accounts for the thin supply. When a company makes a high quality product available at a less than industry-standard price, there's going to be shortages.

It is no secret that HH is trying to accomplish that level of hype with the EC 20(plus) and now this product. All are readily available in the gift shop (for huge prices) but absent from shelves. All it will take is a few mainstream media outlets to call them "the next pappy" or "the new pappy". Maybe a tv show or two.

Senator Irvin was correct when he said the media are like blackbirds, when one lights on a wire the others join him and when one flys away the others follow.

I'm with Squire. EC12 BP is like what happens to bourbon when enthusiasts take over the industry. Where else do we see an expression get beefed up to barrel strength by 50% abv and the price follows with the same 50% increase?

More drinkers are learning good taste in bourbon. I think that accounts for the thin supply. When a company makes a high quality product available at a less than industry-standard price, there's going to be shortages.

Just keep repeating to yourself. They're in business to make money. They're in business to make money. They're in business to make money.

Trust me, they never forget it.

There's nothing wrong with that. The only people who don't do what they do to make money are people who are already rich, and most of them do it too.

HH doesn't have an infinite supply of anything, but they have a lot of whiskey. What they want are products that will sell through quickly, at a low cost-of-selling, with a premium mark-up. That's what this product is about and that strategy fails if you want it and can't get it, but if you have to work a little bit in order to get it, that's good for the cause.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.