What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The recent discussion about Pappy 23 reminded me that fine bourbon is available for far less money than that rarity goes for, and the OF 100 is as good if not better IMO.

Gary

Just picked up my first ever bottle of JPS18 batch 10. Very excited about this one. Can't wait to try it after work tonight. Love wheaters so in really looking forward to it.

Was going for the Bulleit (sp?) 10 year today but not really sure how to spell it or pronounce it plus it was $44. So went with a Four Roses Small Batch instead, I can spell that, pronounce that and it is under $30.

Best regards, Tony

Was going for the Bulleit (sp?) 10 year today but not really sure how to spell it or pronounce it plus it was $44. So went with a Four Roses Small Batch instead, I can spell that, pronounce that and it is under $30.

Best regards, Tony

Bulleit (pronounced like "bullet" I believe) is around $35 here, 4R Sl Btch is $26. I just bought some 4R Sm Btch yesterday. It's very very good for that price. Unusual flavor.

picked up a bottle of Old Forester Signature today, $17 and change while scouting for EC barrel proof, haven't had that one yet figured why not.

After tasting it in a Boulevardier cocktail at the Bourbon Classic this weekend, I went to pick up some Old Fitz BiB. It is apparently the only BiB wheater out there, and it's $15 at my local store...so I had to give it a try. Will report back later with the results.

bulleit 10 is $35 by you? that's pretty cheap. that's how much regular bulleit is up here.

That's what I was talking about. Standard Bulleit. I guess the 10 YO is different.

I just got back from one of my LLS's and saw both the regular and the 10 yo Bulleit.

They have the 10yo on sale for $40.00. Is that a pretty good price? If it is, I may go pick one up later.

After tasting it in a Boulevardier cocktail at the Bourbon Classic this weekend, I went to pick up some Old Fitz BiB. It is apparently the only BiB wheater out there, and it's $15 at my local store...so I had to give it a try. Will report back later with the results.

The Boulevardier is a good one. Be sure to check out the cocktail forum -- it's a great place to exchange ideas about recipes and ingredients. Looking forward to hearing how the Old Fitz works out.

post-8419-14489818793229_thumb.jpg

WT rye 101 x2

ECBP x2

Might go back for more EC if I like it. The price is nice...

[ATTACH]15033[/ATTACH]

WT rye 101 x2

ECBP x2

Might go back for more EC if I like it. The price is nice...

How much are they going for? WT Rye101 is around 28 up here when you can find it. ECBP has yet to appear.

I think it is unclear whether OF Signature is not bonded. IIRC, at one point B-F stated that the term bonded was not considered meaningful for most current consumers, so the designation was finally removed (a few years ago), but I don't think they said it no longer met the requirements for bonded bourbon. Or perhaps they did, can anyone clarify?

Gary

They don't meet the single season requirement. The interview I read touched upon that point; think it was in 1001 Whiskeys. Pat

Found several 2012 WLW (123.4 proof) in the wild today for a pretty good price and was tempted to pick up several bottles but decided to just get one since I already had a couple put away. Also picked up a Warehouse C I found at the same store and a Woodford MD Four Wood even though the reviews have been a bit spotty. Figured despite the rather high price I should judge for myself!

In addition I came across what appeared to be an old Benchmark 375ml from Louisville with a tax stamp (pictures in the Dusty thread) and decided to pick it up for the outrageous sum of $7!

Edited by tanstaafl2

Got me some Col. E.H. Taylor Barrel proof!

ill be poppin' the cork on this one tonight

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

It's not bourbon, but I took a pic of the rye I have hunted over the last couple of months before it gets relegated to the bunker. This will be the last American stuff for a while as I am now concentrating on Scotch.

post-8000-14489818798089_thumb.jpg

Edited by LostBottle
Hidden

It's not bourbon, but I took a pic of the rye I have hunted over the last couple of months before it gets relegated to the bunker. This will be the last American stuff for a while as I am now concentrating on Scotch.

Recent_zps251709b8.jpg

Found several 2012 WLW (123.4 proof) in the wild today for a pretty good price and was tempted to pick up several bottles but decided to just get one since I already had a couple put away. Also picked up a Warehouse C I found at the same store and a Woodford MD Four Wood even though the reviews have been a bit spotty. Figured despite the rather high price I should judge for myself!

In addition I came across what appeared to be an old Benchmark 375ml from Louisville with a tax stamp (pictures in the Dusty thread) and decided to pick it up for the outrageous sum of $7!

Was this in Atlanta? If so, I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that around here, figured too many people around anything like that would have been picked clean long ago.

It was indeed in the Atlanta metro area. I was surprised by it as well. The manager or possibly owner (I didn't think to ask) mentioned he got one of the last allotments in the city. No idea if that is true. Might have been a few bottles that got temporarily lost in the back of a distributors warehouse for all I know.

BTW I was PM'd by someone wanting the location but apparently they are too new to receive PMs (which is odd since they sent one to me) or haven't set up there profile to receive them so that is why I haven't responded. Sorry about that!

That was me - didn't realize I can't receive PMs yet. I will be in Atlanta with family for Easter and the WLW is the only antique collection bottle I'm missing from having the complete set. I understand if you don't want to post the store name in the main forum where eBay resellers can see it; I'm sure I will find a bottle in due time.

That was me - didn't realize I can't receive PMs yet. I will be in Atlanta with family for Easter and the WLW is the only antique collection bottle I'm missing from having the complete set. I understand if you don't want to post the store name in the main forum where eBay resellers can see it; I'm sure I will find a bottle in due time.

Sorry to leave you hanging but I'd rather not put it out in the open.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!