What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve for $45.99. Could'a fooled me that its 120 proof since it goes down so easy. Great bourbon, but at this price I may not buy another.

Eric

Where would that 'worth it for regular purchases' line be for you and KCSB?

If you could get it for, say, $35.99, would that change your long-term commitment prospects?

(I will admit that this is not entirely hypothetical in my case).

Yes, at $35.99 I would definitely buy it again. Not having a lot of disposable income I can't afford to "splurge" like this very often. My price range for bourbon is generally $30 or less.

Eric, That's a price a bit on the high side...it's $39.99 here and and sometimes on sale for less....but at 9 years and almost barrel proof...not out of line with recent releases...such as the recent Russell's Reserve, CEH Taylor and EC 12. Why some are loading up on the bargains that are left.

No, it isn't a ridiculous price, just more than I can afford to buy regularly. Very good whiskey!

Eric

I picked up a WTRye101 today for $25. He only had the one bottle, and kind of hidden on the top shelf at that-- I almost missed seeing it.

Just now bought GTS and THH 2012 and also found two PHC without barrel labels?! I think it is 2012 though. Wonder if it is safe to assume it is the first round bottling.

Cheers

Hugh

3yba7epa.jpg

Just now bought GTS and THH 2012 and also found two PHC without barrel labels?! I think it is 2012 though. Wonder if it is safe to assume it is the first round bottling.

Cheers

Hugh

3yba7epa.jpg

Cheers

Hugh

3yba7epa.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the label issues were on the 1st dump. One of my 1st dump bottles was double labeled.

En route on FedEx truck from TPS:

4RSB OESV

4RSB OBSV

4RSB OBSK

4RSB OESK

2x VOB BIB

Got a high west campfire and Weller antique 107 for a camping trip next week. Tried a swig of each. Lots of peat in the campfire and the Weller is great. Might be a go to soon. Love me some Weller 12 yr.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the label issues were on the 1st dump. One of my 1st dump bottles was double labeled.

Great. Thanks. Then I have the first two dumps of PHC2012 which some said are the better two.

Cheers

Hugh

Today's order:

HH Mellow Corn (never had before)

Ancient Age 90 proof (never had before)

OGD

Basil Hayden's small batch

Baker's small batch

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: prodInfoHeader, colspan: 2][TABLE=width: 508]

[TR]

[TD]Bought this one as well: Prichard's Lincoln County Lightning Tennessee Corn Whiskey.

Anyone ever heard of this? I'm curios about corn whiskey, never had one before.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Got some Four Roses Small Batch ('regular' release) yesterday... really enjoyed it.

Two 1.75's of Weller 12. For those of you living in the Louisville area, the W.L Weller 12 has landed.

Picked up a bottle of Baker's. It's not a regular purchase, but it's one that I like a lot.

Just scored a bottle of the Elijah Craig barrel proof for only 29.99! I had not been planning to purchase this but when I saw the price I just had no choice. ;-)

So, I heard this was not good on ice, so should I just add a splash of water? Thanks for any thoughts.

I have no problem drinking whisky either over ice or with water and determining for myself how I like it.

Nice. The 139.4 is my favorite bottling of PHC 12.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

In an attempt to be optimistic I picked up a bottle of the regular EC12 to compare to the barrel strength. Even though I don't have the ECBS yet...

Also picked up an OWA for the GBS blend and a local store selected FR single barrel OBSV at 100 proof and 9 years, 2 months. Was able to get a taste before and it seemed to be pretty good!

Picked up a store selected FR 1B. Standard OBSV 100 proof. First purchase of 2013.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!