What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Returned a 1.75 of MM that I purchased for bunkering during the proof snafu and no longer needed, and picked up 2 bottles of H McKenna SB BIB instead. I feel better now.

I stumbled across two bottles of OWA 7yr. from '05 and picked them up. Passed up 4+ liters of WSR 7yr. at the same place.

I stumbled across two bottles of OWA 7yr. from '05 and picked them up. Passed up 4+ liters of WSR 7yr. at the same place.

Joe, remind me on the OWA 7 is the age statement on the neck label where now it says "107 Proof"?

post-8428-14489818801648_thumb.jpgEWSB 1999, I had a hole in my collection so this was a great find in Aurora Colorado. Left two more on the shelf. PM if you are near Denver and want one. $26.99

Came home to my parents house for a long weekend and found a GTS awaiting me.

That's a fine end to any day in my book!!

B

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15059[/ATTACH]EWSB 1999, I had a hole in my collection so this was a great find in Aurora Colorado. Left two more on the shelf. PM if you are near Denver and want one. $26.99

Those bottles look so lonely. They need a date with a shapely glass!

Picked up an OGD114 and Dickel rye today.

I also picked up an OGD 114 today. Wasn't planning on it but looked over at the shelf and it was smiling at me :cool:

After much debate I finally ordered a Ritt BIB, Weller 12 and VOB 100 proof. All stuff I can't find in Ohio. Happy Easter to me. Now I wait!

Way to much for a bottle of EC12 while we're here visiting the inlaws, but on the plus side this is a really above average EC12, especially since I've gone through 1/3 of the bottle already.

Way to much for a bottle of EC12 while we're here visiting the inlaws, but on the plus side this is a really above average EC12, especially since I've gone through 1/3 of the bottle already.

The value of whiskey at the inlaws' house is drastically increased.

After much debate I finally ordered a Ritt BIB, Weller 12 and VOB 100 proof. All stuff I can't find in Ohio. Happy Easter to me. Now I wait!

That's a quality and value trifecta of the highest order, so well done. Can't go wrong with any of those.

Visiting a buddy in Indiana, and always do some bourbon/rye hunting. Hoping to find some ECBP . Had to settle for EC 18 and THH '12.

Crazy things happen on holiday weekends and this being a crazy holiday weekend the craziness gets even crazier!

Here's what happened.

First these spaced out pink bunnies tornadoed their way to my place,...lucky me had my camera handy.

rsz_1pink_bunny_tornado_zps35368019.jpg

And they left me two bottles of Elijah Craig 12yo Barrel Proof, yeah all 134.2 points of proof,...here's proof, they also dumped off some friends of theirs.

rsz_ec_002_zps9b85824c.jpg

Nice score Oscar. That's some mighty dark looking bourbon!

Yeah, it looks like Coca-Cola.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!