What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Met up with Aaron today at the South Loop Binny's for some on tap 2010 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and walked out with a current vintage 2012 OGD 114 too.
The tap rooms in some of the binnys make for a scary combination, a couple of beers and I begin loosening my inhibitions for buying everything!

This is not an accident... I think they do it on purpose! Still, I was somehow able to prevent myself from buying anything. It's a good thing too, because tomorrow is their bi-annual 15% sale. No boozing at the bar needed to get me in the mood to purchase!

Of course, that's not to say a visit to the bar is not on the menu...

excited to find these two in the wild.... although I probably overpaid for the ah hirsch.

post-8988-14489818851251_thumb.jpg

passed on 09' THH, 10' THH, 4x11' THH, 12' Stagg, and a VW 12 year (@ 159.99 hahaha)

Edited by skidfive

excited to find these two in the wild.... although I probably overpaid for the ah hirsch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15102[/ATTACH]

passed on 09' THH, 10' THH, 4x11' THH, 12' Stagg, and a VW 12 year (@ 159.99 hahaha)

Which one at $159.99, the VW 12? Is that the LotB or PVWFRR.

Hugh

Which one at $159.99, the VW 12? Is that the LotB or PVWFRR.

Hugh

It was a Lot B. although I did not look at the date for some reason, doh! It was next to the AH hirsch and all

It was a Lot B. although I did not look at the date for some reason, doh! It was next to the AH hirsch and all

No matter the date, that's not a $160 bottle. I suppose that was probably the reason.

No matter the date, that's not a $160 bottle. I suppose that was probably the reason.

that is why I left it behind, would have been cool to see if it was older or not though. the last Lot B i picked up was 59.99.

they also had a WT american spirit for $159.99.

I do feel better that I paid 160 cash for the hirsch, first and only I have ever seen

I do feel better that I paid 160 cash for the hirsch although I still overpaid, first and only I have ever seen

I think it was worth it.

I do feel better that I paid 160 cash for the hirsch, first and only I have ever seen

This is probably the 2009/10 price so can't get it cheaper now unless it is a dusty. I would also have picked it up even though I have it in my bunker for $160, but for me not much more than that. Good catch.

Cheers

Hugh

Snagged my EC12BP (woo hoo!) along with some dusties (details forthcoming in that thread). Can't wait to try the new stuff :)

Got -

EC12BP

OWA107 store selection

2 - OWA107 store selection - different store and I helped pick it out

A good day.

Best regards, Tony

Picked up my EWSB 2003 for about $27 and OGD114 for $28. Both are new to me and the price is certainly low enough.

post-8419-14489818853321_thumb.jpg

I managed to gather three of these Turkeys together over the last few weeks. Thanks for the help everyone.

post-8419-14489818853321_thumb.jpg

ECBP and a JPS 21yr followed me home.

B

would like to hear what you think of teh JPS 21. i see and pass it up frequently and would like to know if it's worth the price of admission.

I had recently passed up a JPS18, but purchased it today as a celebratory bottle. Definitely out of my normal purchasing range, but from what I've tasted so far I will be enjoying this one for a while.

Binny's had a 15% off sale today, so I picked up one of those huge jugs of Weller 12, a bottle of Woodford Reserve, and, after some hesitation, a bottle of JPS 21.

i partook in the binny's sale too lol. but i'm a heathen and didn't pick up bourbon, i'm stocked up for the time being, plus they didnt' have anything i wanted/needed. i did pick up ardbeg uigedail and ardbeg corryvrecken, though.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!