Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 21 yr Bourbon

brettckeen
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How long did it stay at each port of call to get an effect? I guess I'm a little Hawaiian after doing the 15 days cruise. Or perhaps, my sweat probably tasted a little different at each country I've been too.

I'll be interested to hearing about or tasting the JPS21 rye. I think Luther had a thread on this a long while back.

When someone asked Hemingway how he could slag off From Here to Eternity without having read it, he responded, "I don't have to swim a river of s--t to know it stinks."

Put me in the "gimmick" column on the Ocean.

-Mike

I'm guessing a whole barrel's worth of over-aged, ashy S-W.

I think that ash is sticking in their brain...clouding their judgment. :-)

Gimmicks and marketing, true, still nobody would buy it if it didn't have alcohol.

Did anyone else see on the literature that the Rye is changing to 95% American?

Did anyone else see on the literature that the Rye is changing to 95% American?

Yes, which is why I purchased another bottle of the 100% rye today. I have developed a real liking for the 100% rye at one-half the cost of WP.

• 2 weeks later...

picked up two today. definitely not EC, more like BT. have not pulled other brands to compare to try to figure this out, and probably won't anytime soon. I like it a lot. 1st dram was unimpressive but delving into it was very enjoyable. maybe too enjoyable, I'm still trying to put new floors in the house.

pulled an older GTS and it has many similarities. pulled an abraham bowman distilled 1998 and the bowman is a lot grassier. I'm thinking this is not going to end well.

• 3 weeks later...

okay, my excuse, I've not sipped much this past year so palate off. after spending time with the 21 it seems a lot like EC. at first try I didn't get the EC "florals" until aftertaste which is something I only observed with poor EC18 bottles. but today when palate is even more off, it has more of the florals compared to a distilled 91 EC18. Started tonight with a 2011 ER17 and the 21 is very different.

in a week or two, friends are coming over to sip, one of which has very discriminating taste, so will get their opinions.

any other opinions from those that have tried it?

I've only tried it one time so far, but I don't get any Heaven Hill from it. I'd go with your original opinion of BT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.