What non-whisk(e)y spirit are you drinking?

BigBoldBully
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let me know where a prole like me can order a case of Underberg!  

Came over here to say that Ramazzotti might be the new front runner for favorite amaro.  

Perfect balance of herbs and sweet, with that awesome wallop of orange peel, YUM! 

• I like it 1

Crap— Delta Sky Club is discontinuing Fernet-Branca— do she gave me a double on the house. 

8B1BECA2-D15D-4574-BCBE-8F07E27D871C.thumb.jpeg.c582a56d8902ac07966f680f33a3a9f0.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Crap— Delta Sky Club is discontinuing Fernet-Branca— do she gave me a double on the house. 

8B1BECA2-D15D-4574-BCBE-8F07E27D871C.thumb.jpeg.c582a56d8902ac07966f680f33a3a9f0.jpeg

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

😜

19 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

😜

Yup, but this made up for it....

7DFB4154-BD12-47DD-816C-91B1CBC19A63.thumb.jpeg.ba6970bc482b6934a973137d34a28a23.jpeg

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Yup, but this made up for it....

7DFB4154-BD12-47DD-816C-91B1CBC19A63.thumb.jpeg.ba6970bc482b6934a973137d34a28a23.jpeg

Wow! That will certainly make up for at least when you are in that location.

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Wow! That will certainly make up for at least when you are in that location.

Yes, indeed-- and they were nice enough to give me the BRANCA book as well. Wearing a custom Fernet-Branca face mask probably helped, I assume.

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, indeed-- and they were nice enough to give me the BRANCA book as well. Wearing a custom Fernet-Branca face mask probably helped, I assume.

They should give you an official title for raising brand awareness, present it to you in Italy.  What's the Italian counterpart to Kentucky Colonel. 

7 minutes ago, PaulO said:

They should give you an official title for raising brand awareness, present it to you in Italy.  What's the Italian counterpart to Kentucky Colonel. 

Count Branca, of course. 

• I like it 4

I’m awfully sorry Marek. I had the Branca a few months back and really didn’t care for it.  The way the bartender made a point of washing out the serving glass was probably an indication.  

On 8/19/2021 at 12:43 AM, HoustonNit said:

I’m awfully sorry Marek. I had the Branca a few months back and really didn’t care for it.  The way the bartender made a point of washing out the serving glass was probably an indication.  

It is most definitely an acquired taste and one that works well for those of us who have grown quite bitter over the years... 🤣

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It is most definitely an acquired taste and one that works well for those of us who have grown quite bitter over the years... 🤣

It really does hit the spot after a notably robust meal.  I wouldn't have it after a grilled chicken caesar salad......but then again, I wouldn't have a grilled chicken caesar salad either.  🤔

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

It really does hit the spot after a notably robust meal.  I wouldn't have it after a grilled chicken caesar salad......but then again, I wouldn't have a grilled chicken caesar salad either.  🤔

🤣🤣  With a name like "BigRich" you don't strike me as the grilled chicken ceaser salad kinda guy! :)

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, Clueby said:

🤣🤣  With a name like "BigRich" you don't strike me as the grilled chicken ceaser salad kinda guy! :)

No.  No I am not. 

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, BigRich said:

No.  No I am not. 

Yeah - I remember pondering the brussell sprout/shrooms side at Chops, and your response was along the lines of "Hey, you do you, but I'd go for the mac n' cheese".  

And you were not wrong there ;) 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

After a nice Portland dinner...

2F326FC7-A7A0-44B0-86E3-5B23DFBE6CE3.thumb.jpeg.bdcf511948bb99bccb92663892f0c4aa.jpeg

I see that Cafe D'arte coffee! Good stuff.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, flahute said:

I see that Cafe D'arte coffee! Good stuff.

Not when it was served at room temperature— a miss in my book. 

That pisses me off more than overcooked steak.  

• I like it 1

Well that sucks and is a big fail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.