What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally got a chance to open my 4RSB LE 2012 and 2013 bottles. Leaning toward the 2013 at the moment but I may need to have another pour just to make sure!

I've had a diverse selection of whiskey this evening. First some HH 6yr BiB, then some OWA "lost barrel" from C'nB, some Old Charter 10, and now some WT 101 8yr from 1970. The WT is wonderful! Why can't WT taste like this now :rolleyes:

Had a good sized pour of SB blend of OWA:W12:FRSB (3:1:0.5) followed by JPS18b16. Finishing the night with a good sized pour of ECBP137. They're all really tasty!!!

So how do they compare?

I think the 2013 is a single barrel and the 2011 is the small batch. Not sure if that's the comparison you're looking for...

I think the 2013 is a single barrel and the 2011 is the small batch. Not sure if that's the comparison you're looking for...

Yep you are correct. I misread that one.

Just finished the last pour of my first OGD114 and finished it side-by-side with my first pour of OGDBIB.

The 114 seemed to have a little more "sweeter" taste to it and just a bit more flavourful.

Just finished the last pour of my first OGD114 and finished it side-by-side with my first pour of OGDBIB.

The 114 seemed to have a little more "sweeter" taste to it and just a bit more flavourful.

the 114 is by far better than the BIB, i agree.

the 114 is by far better than the BIB, i agree.

It IS more expensive(of course. I liked it better. It has to be.) but worth the extra couple bucks for me.

The last pour of a bottle of Town Branch that i shared the final quarter of with some friends, later I had some Russell's Reserve, followed up by Rare Breed. Have to say the rare breed won out overall. Can't seem to go wrong with barrel proof.

Had a quick pour last night before bed of some FRSB gift shop bottling.

Easy drinking for the proof, and oh so delicious.

If I could get it everyday, it would be my everyday bourbon.

B

its only like $3-4 bucks more here than the BIB costs. and its worth every bit of the premium.

OGD 114 is one of the best bourbons and bourbon values in bourbonania.

Started with some FR GS OBSO then a pour of this years LE SB. feeling a little sad because I won't make the gazebo this fall. Not a bad day though. Had a short visit at Dougdog's and picked up a FR 2013 LE SmB.

Needed something good that I didn't have to think about after a long, stressful day, so I enjoyed a healthy pour of EWSB 2002 with one ice crescent.

Started with some FR GS OBSO then a pour of this years LE SB. feeling a little sad because I won't make the gazebo this fall. Not a bad day though. Had a short visit at Dougdog's and picked up a FR 2013 LE SmB.

Jerrod must have just missed you at Doug's. Hope you got a sample of Randy's Rib-eye sausage, it was fantastic.

ECBP 134.2, HMcK Bib private selection. Been hitting these two up pretty hard the last couple of days, must just be in a Heaven Hill state of mind. I've really been neglecting the ryes recently.

Last night, had some OFBB2010, HMBiB, EC12, and some OGDBiB.

OFBB2010 tasted better last night than any prior tastings. HMBiB is just that...not really attention capturing. EC12 is nice but after experiencing ECBP, I feel that EC12 at this proof has just lost so much good stuff through dilution.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!