What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Moved on to some w12... Made me think why work so hard if not for a bit of joy so I have dipped into some SW Rebel Yell thanks to Justin. YUM! Makes me think of the bottles of Rebel reserve I picked up this week to try and how utterly disappointed in it I was. It's better than current makers but that's about it. The package of the rebel is all about wheated bourbon and the weller history.... but my oh my SW Rebel even in the later years is a special drop of awesome.

Edit: The beautiful legs of the SW Rebel is notable. How often have you had minimum age bourbon hang on your glass all day? Bring back the viscosity!

Edited by brettckeen

4R 100th now neat

4R 100th is really one of my favorite pours this year. It is one of the bottles on the back bar that makes me proud of where I work.

Having a wild lunch hour. Started with a double 4RYL followed by a shot of Russell's Reserve followed by a shot of OF BIB. This is really fun!

Picked up my first bottle of ETL over the weekend. It was $26.99, so I pulled the trigger. I had a couple pours Sunday night and just had another one. I'm not loving it, kind of musty and grassy.

My foray into BT's ryed bourbons, on the low proof scale, has been:

BT

OC 10 yr

ER

AAA

ETL

Of those 5, only the OC will be a repeat purchase.

After a rough day at work two pours of HMck, two of AAA10star, and now on my second OGD114. Today is getting better by the pour.

After a rough day at work two pours of HMck, two of AAA10star, and now on my second OGD114. Today is getting better by the pour.

Sounds like it's getting better by the Pair !! :D

:toast:

Just cracked another superb bottle of EC12.

I don't know what happened but these last two bottles have been the best of the 10 or so that I've had in the past 18 months.

Could be that my palate is starting to favor HH over BT.

Well...I walked into a store and they had minis of Red Stagg Hard Cider on a trial special for 99 cents. So against my better judgement I grabbed one for research. I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but it wasn't bad at all. I actually found it to be quite refreshing. Started with it straight then added cubes to thin it out just a hint. I honestly don't care for the other flavored options on the market, but this one was actually good. Probably great for mixing and I am actually considering getting a bottle for that purpose.

Having one of my favorite pours (as of this year) EC18 and ECBP 50/50, after a long day.
that sounds like an interesting mix. get the maturity of 18 with proof about 112 for stronger flavors. I'm going to have to try that.

ER 10 101 Frankfort. Just giving it a quick trial before packing it up for KBF Gazebo.

ER 10 101 Frankfort. Just giving it a quick trial before packing it up for KBF Gazebo.
Always a favorite, Joe. And nice of you to share "the rare bird" with your gazebo buddies. Have fun!

Just want to comment myself for having no bourbon the last two days and going to try and make it today as well. Saving up for the gazebo.

Best regards, Tony

I tried that, but have failed repeatedly. Only had a pour of ECBP as a nightcap last night. Couldn't help myself :-)

I'd hate it if I were out of practice for the weekend!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!