What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dang, I got a lot done around mi casa, today! So, saluting my living up to my advertised efficacy with a long, tall, and neat pour of 2012 PHC. If, I were just as good as this whiskey, however... :D

Having some friends over tonight for the Sunday night TV-extravaganza it has turned into.

Plan on saying goodbye to a few bottles. First on deck is modern OWA.

Watched some football, close the pool, watched more football...enjoyed a healthy pour of AAA10 year to finish of the bottle.

Having some friends over tonight for the Sunday night TV-extravaganza it has turned into.

Plan on saying goodbye to a few bottles. First on deck is modern OWA.

Can be sad (empty bottles means you have to replace), but always fun (no explanation necessary)! Enjoy!

Having some CEHT Single Barrel. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I'm pleasantly surprised for $29.

I don't think I'd pay much above that, but I am happy with the purchase.

That is a hell of a buy if it's not a typo,the SB is $65 here and the SmB is $38 at that price I would have bought all they had.

Enjoying a 1:1 vatting of ETL and Weller 12. And by vatting I mean I drank half a pour of Weller, then dumped some ETL in the glass to see what it would taste like. Not bad.

That is a hell of a buy if it's not a typo,the SB is $65 here and the SmB is $38 at that price I would have bought all they had.

No, not a typo. I just looked at my receipt and I actually bought it for $36.99, not $29. I guess it's possible they priced it at what the SmB is going for.

I got a call on a bottle of Stagg Jr that was being held for me in the back and the manager had the SB bottle packaged with it. He just got some in and thought I might want to give it a try.

I definitely would not buy at again if I had to pay $65. It's a good pour, just not $65 good.

No, not a typo. I just looked at my receipt and I actually bought it for $36.99, not $29. I guess it's possible they priced it at what the SmB is going for.

I definitely would not buy at again if I had to pay $65. It's a good pour, just not $65 good.

You got a hell of a deal,but I would agree not worth the $65-70 it usually commands.

You got a hell of a deal,but I would agree not worth the $65-70 it usually commands.

I think the whole CEHT lineup is pretty good, but just a little overpriced. I liked the Tornado and Sour Mash quite a bit. The BP and SB are good, but not special. The SmB is middle of the road. Still haven't tried the rye, though.

Some ECBP. Took 1 sip just neat, and it was a little hot for me. Added just a 1/2 tablespoon of water (not sure how that compares when people say just a "splash" of water) and it goes down MUCH better now!

My cousin is getting married and he mentioned a nicer rye for making Manhattans so Ive been thinking about getting him the High West Double Rye...thoughts? (its like 30-something bucks here.)

Had a buddy over and enjoyed some pours of 4R 100th and 17 yr GS. Getting our KBF warmup on.

Thanks for the invite and the 4R 17yr! Really enjoyed hanging out, can't wait for the KBF!!!

Finishing off the evening with a nice soothing pour of V17,should have bunkered more at this point it's whoulda- coulda- shoulda well at least there are a few more tucked away for future consumption.

Had a buddy over and enjoyed some pours of 4R 100th and 17 yr GS. Getting our KBF warmup on.

How similar were these? Both OBSV, right? I'm just curious if they're quite similar, or decently different, I've never had OBSV, or any 4R 1B for that matter, that had 17 years of age on it.

Edit: drinking OF Sig, after starting with some BT.

Two pours of OFBB 2012. I think this one improves with a little air. I seem to be enjoying the end of the bottle more than the beginning of it.

This weekend, I had a few good sized pours of WSR7s from the mid 2000s and some JPS18 batch16. Also had some of the recently read (on here of course) mingling of OGD114 with Ritt354 which was also very enjoyable. Kudos to the individual posting this idea and thanks for sharing.

How similar were these? Both OBSV, right? I'm just curious if they're quite similar, or decently different, I've never had OBSV, or any 4R 1B for that matter, that had 17 years of age on it.

Edit: drinking OF Sig, after starting with some BT.

Very, very similar. I think the gift shop showed more signs of age than the 100th, but that bottle had been opened a lot longer too. They were both exceptional, however.

Very, very similar. I think the gift shop showed more signs of age than the 100th, but that bottle had been opened a lot longer too. They were both exceptional, however.

Huge FR fan, and the Gift Shop 17 is the best I've tasted. Even better than the 09 Mariage and that's saying something.

Good news: VOB neat. Bad news: It was the end of my last bottle and will be a month before I can get to KY to replace it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!