What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guilty as charged. I'd feel bad about it...if I did. :slappin:

They must have had 12 of the ECBP yesterday, and as overpriced as everything they have tends to be they keep the price of the special edition stuff as low as anywhere.

What's is the exact figure of overpriced? For comparison between states

Ted

No doubt, prices are very reasonable on some items, and they are making an effort to acquire some excellent products. I did notice the Rittenhouse BIB stock dwindling.

Now that isn't me, although it's a great price. Even better is the South Hills Right Aid, they've got Ritt BIBs for $17.99 and EC12 for $19.99. I used to live around the corner from there. Nice prices on other things like Booker's for $44.99 or so.

I stocked up on Ritt's from a little store in Flatwoods that was closing them out for $16.99 or something like that. Not much better than the new RA price, but enough to get me to bunker down on them.

Damn. Forget KY. Gonna stock up on some value pours next time I'm over in WVirginee.

What's is the exact figure of overpriced? For comparison between states

Ted

Well I specifically mean overpriced compared to other local locations. Beer that is $9 elsewhere is $11. Bookers and Blanton's are around $55 not 45. I think FRSB is close to $40. EWSB for $30. KCSB is probably $44. Might be off a bit, but that's the gist from memory.

Damn. Forget KY. Gonna stock up on some value pours next time I'm over in WVirginee.

If you get in early enough we'll go shopping.

Well I specifically mean overpriced compared to other local locations. Beer that is $9 elsewhere is $11. Bookers and Blanton's are around $55 not 45. I think FRSB is close to $40. EWSB for $30. KCSB is probably $44. Might be off a bit, but that's the gist from memory.

Specifically the price of the ECBP?

Thanks, Ted

Specifically the price of the ECBP?

Thanks, Ted

Oh, sure. It was 41.99. FR LE bottles were 66.99. Crazy good prices.

Placed an order on Caskers for Weller 12, 1776 Rye and Blanton's. Needed something new immediately, so I went out and picked up some FC103 and Redbreast 12 year.

They must have had 12 of the ECBP yesterday, and as overpriced as everything they have tends to be they keep the price of the special edition stuff as low as anywhere.

Oh, sure. It was 41.99. FR LE bottles were 66.99. Crazy good prices.

I checked back in on a local place I left 2 ECBP a few weeks ago and 1 was still on the shelf. Price? $47.99 +$2.83 liter tax + 20.5% spirit tax for a total of $60.66. I guess it is still there for the picking though...

You guys take it hard on that tax. I think our sales and liquor taxes combined come out to about 12%

Thanks to a generous SB member for pointing me in the right direction, I picked up an OFBB. Looking forward to opening it up tomorrow! Thanks again for the heads up.

:stickpoke:

biting my tongue.........

I'm just shocked anywhere got that large an allocation.....

I checked back in on a local place I left 2 ECBP a few weeks ago and 1 was still on the shelf. Price? $47.99 +$2.83 liter tax + 20.5% spirit tax for a total of $60.66. I guess it is still there for the picking though...

I'm tempted but I've been moving away from bourbon... This stuff is delicious though.

Oh dear, dear me.

I still like bourbon for a change of pace but my first love in the American whiskey category has fully shifted towards the graceful old ryes.

I still like bourbon for a change of pace but my first love in the American whiskey category has fully shifted towards the graceful old ryes.

Traitor! I haven't jumped on the rye bandwagon myself, but I've only had RittBIB and Saz18, and Jim Beam Rye. I've always thought of it as a "cheaper" alternative to bourbon - good for mixing.

You've fallen under the wicked spell of Lostbottle!!! :lol: I guess though, if you're going to have a spell cast on you, there are other worse alternatives...Drink up!! :drinking:

Traitor!

Hah! I came over from the Scotch / Single Malt side so I'd rather characterize myself as a free agent ;-)

You've fallen under the wicked spell of Lostbottle!!! :lol: I guess though, if you're going to have a spell cast on you, there are other worse alternatives...Drink up!! :drinking:

LB did introduce me to some the old ryes in his stash & that was a revelation... I've been hooked ever since!

Slainte!

Edited by ChainWhip

Can a man love both Bourbon and Rye? Of course, a man can have many loves.

Stagg Jr. finally showed up. My wife noticed this cool HP Scotch, too; last one at our Binny's.

40386adf-5247-4a24-a7b6-09808531ef27_zps1df1426c.jpg IMG_20130829_114507_326-1_zpscc42c74c.jpg

Can a man love both Bourbon and Rye? Of course, a man can have many loves.

While true, I find my palate preferences tend to shift over time. It's swung really far over to old ryes these days but I recognize this could reach some sort of equilibrium.

Besides, it's not like I don't have a decent supply of bourbon in the bunker - I just need to bring my rye bunker up to level with my bourbon bunker.

;-)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!