What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We are a couple of days into Summer so I moved this over here,...

I am home sweet home from the KY trip.

My wife had a good time at the Unitarian Universalist convention in Louisville and I had a good time on the Bourbon Trail.

We were on the bridge over the Ohio River crossing into IN at 4:50am this morning and walked into our home at 10:20am,...thunder road baby!

Here is a pic of the bounty that I harvested from KY for friends and I.

You KY members don't fret, think of it as more taxes in your state's coffers not less bourbon on the shelves.:grin:

For friends I got,

1 each of Four Roses Barrel Proof Rutledge Gift Shop Selection OESK & OESV

Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yo

Angel's Envy Rye

Heaven Hill BIB 1.75lt

Ancient Ancient Age 10yo 1.75lt

Very Old Barton 100pr 1.75lt

And for me,

1 each of Four Roses Barrel Proof Rutledge Gift Shop Selection OESK & OESV

2 bots Four Roses Single Barrel, I can get it in MI but 10 bucks cheaper per bot in KY

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottled 2-7-13, I get one every year to check out the quality

2 bots WL Weller 12yo. not on sheves anywhere and not on the store shelf where I bought it, they keep it hidden, ya gotta know the secrect password:skep:

Old Weller Antique 107 1lt Cork N Bottle Selection #67 (#=number not hashtag:rolleyes:)

WL Weller Special Reserve, $17.01 including tax, had to get it

2 bots Very Old Barton 100prf

Old Tub BIB 375ml, available only at the Jim Beam American Stillhouse

rsz_ky_bounty_003_zpsbd247c7b.jpg

Edited by callmeox

Rurchase? wtf?

help me out Mods.

Whoa... P is nowhere close to R on the QWERTY keyboard =]b

Either he's stroking out or been hitting that haul heavy this AM.

Either he's stroking out or been hitting that haul heavy this AM.

Great haul Oscar,the title of the thread is screwed,but at least you were the first to catch it!Report back on the FR's when you crack one of those GS bottles.

Great haul Oscar,the title of the thread is screwed,but at least you were the first to catch it!Report back on the FR's when you crack one of those GS bottles.

Yep - good hunting indeed. How old are the GS bottles?

I admit that I did get into this pint of Old Forester Signature when I got home.

Also bought in KY.

OFSig_zps5d665a88.jpg

Pennsylvania is closing out OGD 114 @17.99 so I picked up a few for myself and another SBer. Hoping to encounter some more before heading home.

Im just bummed this thread title got changed. :(

Don't be too bummed, just look at the heading above your post..:slappin:

Pennsylvania is closing out OGD 114 @17.99 so I picked up a few for myself and another SBer. Hoping to encounter some more before heading home.

Wonder why they are closing it out? Are they carrying some of the other OGD offerings?

I guess I can say I purchased it, well, I will when I pay for a nice dinner. I gave a friend of mine a list of bourbons to keep an eye out for, she acquired this, for free might I add.

post-8988-1448981930411_thumb.jpg

post-8988-1448981930411_thumb.jpg

I guess I can say I purchased it, well, I will when I pay for a nice dinner. I gave a friend of mine a list of bourbons to keep an eye out for, she acquired this, for free might I add.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15838[/ATTACH]

If there's a good story there & you're free to share, do tell!

Congrats on securing the bottle!

The old 'basement of booze' cache, eh? The American Dream. :drinking:

Edited by MauiSon

Wonder why they are closing it out? Are they carrying some of the other OGD offerings?

PA does crazy stuff with their liquor sales lines. They blew WTRB out at 20 bucks only to bring it back shortly after at the regular price.

We do t ask why...we just buy.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!