What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 PHC 6th batch 4 (I think)

I am dead confused why so much of the 2/3/4th batches made it out of the state of KY and yet all the local shops only got 1st run. Don't get me wrong, i got my fair share....but too bad.

I am dead confused why so much of the 2/3/4th batches made it out of the state of KY and yet all the local shops only got 1st run. Don't get me wrong, i got my fair share....but too bad.

These are the first I have seen. Washington state is strange when it comes to bourbon. I know of a couple places where ECBP sat on the shelf for quite some time and even know a place where at least one can be picked up right now. The bigger suburban areas clear out first but we do have some backwater places where one at least has a chance to pick up a good bottle.

Bought 6 bottles of Rathskeller Rye today.

Apparently there are lots of rumors flying around about that purchase...

These are the first I have seen. Washington state is strange when it comes to bourbon. I know of a couple places where ECBP sat on the shelf for quite some time and even know a place where at least one can be picked up right now. The bigger suburban areas clear out first but we do have some backwater places where one at least has a chance to pick up a good bottle.

If i were you, id keep that to myself........or it will cease to exist

Believe it or not I bought a bottle of Pappy 23. No big story behind it. I walked into a store I visit occasionally. Was speaking with the proprietor who had mentioned previously that they get a healthy BTAC allocation and so I asked if they had any Stagg or Sazerac - she said no but she did have a bottle of 23 if I wanted it. I was like "um, yeah...I guess.". Not cheap but not too over-priced.

Bought 6 bottles of Rathskeller Rye today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice score... So that was you eh? Enjoy them! :-)

Joke's on me eh? ;-)

Edited by ChainWhip

If i were you, id keep that to myself........or it will cease to exist

Sad but true. It would be a lot more fun if we could just help each other find good bourbon to enjoy without having to worry about BX'ers flipping everything.

Sad but true. It would be a lot more fun if we could just help each other find good bourbon to enjoy without having to worry about BX'ers flipping everything.

right. others on here have offered me help finding stuff, and ive offered others tips on a few things. i do it via PM though, as if i put it in the forum, 50 people may run out to try to get the same thing.

EW White BIB, first time I've seen it out here in SoCal.

Also grabbed an EWSB private barrel and an ETL private barrel.

A 2003 EWSB because the first one disappeared so quickly.

Wonder if it was stuck in distribution, or just tucked away in his office?

Not sure, he ordered 3 bottles. After I told him that it was the 2012 release (which I didn't mind) and that I would still like to get a bottle of the 2013 release, he contacted me and said that he had the last 2 bottles in Louisiana on the way, and that one would be held for me. I'm not sure about the "last 2 bottles" claim, but I am glad to get one.

I'm not sure about the "last 2 bottles" claim, but I am glad to get one.

I just consider it salesmanship when they quote data like that!

Relented and got an OFBB13. I'm skeptical but I have heard good things.
You will be pleasantly surprised as I am not a BF fanboy either in the least.

I just consider it salesmanship when they quote data like that!

If i am getting the hook up, i'm not going to call him on that one.

Walked into a store, and right on the shelf was a bottle of ECBP waiting for me!

I was extremely lucky, too. I ran into 10 bottles of ECBP 137 on the shelves this past weekend. Bought a few, left the rest for the locals. Now trying to share a couple on BX to help pay for the ones I kept. ;-)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!