Foreign Whisky of the Month - 10/2013: Clynelish

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Better late than never. Plus, I realized this thread did not have a proper photo of the OB 14.

I picked up the OB Clynelish 14 the other week from the Montgomery County liquor stores on sale for $38 - who said scotch couldn't be a value proposition (I also picked up a Uigeadail for 54, just above the K&L price). I am very pleased with the bottle - need to revisit now that it is cold and blustery around here!

Edited by Virus_Of_Life

who said scotch couldn't be a value proposition

Agreed, especially when you start to look at some of the cool IBs. With American whiskey prices going the way they are (e.g Angel's Envy Cask Strength, Boss Hog, Lock Stock & Barrel, Michter's, Pappy on the black market, etc), Scotch QPR seems to make a lot more sense.

Like this? The only bad thing about this Clynelish is that it makes me want to start raiding the stash of Old Clynelish.

Bad? Oh certainly, yes, quite horrible, truly...

Let's break em out!

Agreed, I will help with the consumption of the old Clynelish even though it will be a hardship. Thats what friends are for.

• 1 month later...

So we pulled some bottles together & I finally got a chance to try some '70s Brora and although there is some family resemblance to the Clynelish 14, the differences are dramatic - suffice to say the Brora wasn't shabby...

11640507976_6407975bf6_z.jpg

Edited by ChainWhip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.