BOTM 11/13: Pappy 15

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As for V17, I don't know what they were using. I believe it was assumed Bernheim, but I think they may have had some BT wheat as well. I can't help much on that one.

V17= PVW 17? Nice

I thought the current Pappy 15 situation could be summed up with a haiku:

Pappy Van Winkle

Billionaires, eat your hearts out

For sip or for taste

The last bottle of Pappy 15 I had was from 2011 when I compared it to a 2009 bottling - I have not chased it since. As good as the 2009 and prior was, I never drank Pappy for a smack in the mouth; wheaters aren't for that. Accordingly, I always leaned towards the smoothness of the 20 as a nice after dinner drink.

Edited by LostBottle

I'm working on an '09 that I bought in 2011 (imagine the odds of a PVW15 sitting on the shelf for 2 yrs these days) and it's heaven in a bottle. VW15 offering.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a large bottling done it 2009 that was then released the the spring and fall until the fall of 2011 when the bottled in 2011 stock was released? The '09 bottle you purchased in 2011 was likely part of the spring 2011 release and not sitting on the shelf for 2 years.

As for PVW15, I have yet to try any bottled after 2009, but the ones I've had have been spectacular and can justify at least some of the hype around the brand. Sad that I'm down to my last 09 bottle...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a large bottling done it 2009 that was then released the the spring and fall until the fall of 2011 when the bottled in 2011 stock was released? The '09 bottle you purchased in 2011 was likely part of the spring 2011 release and not sitting on the shelf for 2 years

This is consistent with the bottles of 15 I purchased from the spring 2011 release...all bottled in 2009.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a large bottling done it 2009 that was then released the the spring and fall until the fall of 2011 when the bottled in 2011 stock was released? The '09 bottle you purchased in 2011 was likely part of the spring 2011 release and not sitting on the shelf for 2 years

This is consistent with the bottles of 15 I purchased from the spring 2011 release...all bottled in 2009.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.