Old Weller Antique - Bottle Details Over The Years

gblick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 more Louisville bottles to add to the mix. The liter is stamped 00 and is not gold vein, the 750 of OWA is stamped 95 and is gold vein. The OWO is stamped '78 and is dual measurement

Nice addition, MT1. I'm guessing that the UPC on that 00 liter is 88004? Are there any etched/printed codes on that liter bottle? Before now, I have only ever seen one (maybe two) Louisville bottles of OWA with 00 on the bottom.

I need to add some more bottles to this thread soon.

Yes, 88004 on the liter and 88076 on the 95 750 the laser code on the 95 is 102042 there is some sort of laser code on the 00 but as it is printed in the indent on the bottom of the bottle it is totally unreadable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uhu2e9u3.jpgymudyta8.jpgyzyzy3ag.jpgta7usude.jpg

Added 3 more louisville bottles to the bunker the liter is a '95, the antique 750 is '96 and the owo is from '87. The UPC on the 90s bottles is 88076 and the owo is 88508. All the bottle codes are unreadable

• 1 month later...

2 more for the pot one is a 4/5 (760ml export bottle) bottle stamp 76 and the other is a dual measurement with a '79 bottle stampajy5ude8.jpg2y7eqyza.jpge3etu6u5.jpg

Fantastic Scott! That may be the only second one I have seen of that label and the only one at that age and proof.

That is as beautiful bottle. Was that in your bunker or did you just obtain it?

Here you go, Frank....

Scott feel free to bring that to the next Indy gathering:cool:

Here are some that I have acquired recently. Already killed one of them to put it out of it's misery. ;)

post-9262-14489820737492_thumb.jpg

All Louisville, UPC 88076, bottle date of 1994, and yummy!

post-9262-14489820736579_thumb.jpg

post-9262-14489820737049_thumb.jpg

Awesome Scott. Thanks for sharing. What year is that bottle?

I cant find a year on it, but ive been told late 50's early 60's

That is as beautiful bottle. Was that in your bunker or did you just obtain it?

Ive had it for a while. Just pulled it out while reorganizing the closet.

Scott feel free to bring that to the next Indy gathering:cool:

as soon as its opened I'll do exactly that !!!

That's an awesome bottle Scott. Post some notes when you crack it open. Maybe I missed it, but do we know when the first post-prohibition bottles were produced and what the brand or label was called then? I think Scott has the oldest iteration of the label so far. And for that matter, what was the label like pre-prohibition?

Edited by smknjoe

It's interesting how Scott's very early bottle has the word Antique on it, then later they dropped Antique off of the label, and then later they again started putting Antique on the label.

• 1 month later...

haha, I just started but there is a clear cut off. 01-05 are all nearly identical and 06-08 are identical.. The early bottles have a huge rich candied nose and cherries and chocolate come through on the palate. the 06-08 have a weird cardboard note mixed in with a bit of sweetness and then the palate just does not have as much punch or richness

That's pretty much my experience with the dates. I found a stash of 05's last year that are really good. Dustyj was miffed that he missed them while hunting. :grin:

I'll add that while you can tell a difference between the BT/Bernheim and S-W the early BT/Bernheim stuff is still very good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.