Currently Available Age-Stated Bourbons

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I think VSOF 12 yr needs to be removed, is this still made?

It was reported here last week that it had recently shown up in the HH Gift Shop.  So yes, it appears to still be made.

Wow thanks, I think the first thing I noticed is it confirms that Michters products are a huge rip off.

It was reported here last week that it had recently shown up in the HH Gift Shop.  So yes, it appears to still be made.

Awesome I missed it, what thread was it in? Also what was it going for?

Thanks

4 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Thanks for putting this list together!

I added some additional ryes (WP and Redemption BPs), and HW Bourye for the last few years as well. I'm not sure if these are keeping in the spirit of your list so feel free to remove them. I can add more similar bottlings later if that is okay.

Personally, I would love this list to not only have bottles which have ages stated on the front label, but to be a more encompassing list where we include commonly known age ranges. For instance Baby Saz is on this list but the 6 year age statement is nowhere on the label, but that is commonly known/assumed. There are a number of other regular BT releases, like C.E.H.T, Blanton's, Stagg Jr, and others that we can add reasonable age ranges for. I think including this information would make the list useful not just for tracking which bottles go NAS, but for general information. I am more interested in how old the juice is, rather than if it says the age on the label or not, but that's just me.

I would suggest organizing the list into Bourbon, Rye, and American Whiskey (Mellow Corn, Bernhiem, Bourye, etc) as well.

Thanks.  The Redemption products are fine.  I was keeping 'finished in xyz' whiskies off the list because I don't consider them true Straight Whiskies.  And I agree that whiskey from major producers that age statements are pretty well known could be added; just add a statement in the notes.  I don't trust any NDP if they don't list an actual age statement on the bottle.

Edited by wadewood

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Wow thanks, I think the first thing I noticed is it confirms that Michters products are a huge rip off.

No shit.

7 minutes ago, wadewood said:

No shit.

I mean based on the Celebration bottlings I just assumed everything was a good deal.... value minded pours and such.

35 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks

Sampler 2017 thread.  Triple digits, I believe.

Seems like just last year it was more like $40-50, or am I getting it mixed up with something else?

Edit: maybe 2 years ago?

Edited by TheNovaMan

Sampler 2017 thread.  Triple digits, I believe.

Ouch think I'll stick with RY10YR which is half the price if I can find it.

27 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

The last price I heard about was $150. Which IMO is about $120 too high. 

Yeah, it was just a couple of years ago that I was bitching about having to pay $37 for it.  :o

Yeah, it was just a couple of years ago that I was bitching about having to pay $37 for it.  [emoji33]

Wait guys maybe it has a fancy new bottle.

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks

Hi, I was at the gift shop on Friday, and it is there.  I think it's $129/bottle.

Hi, I was at the gift shop on Friday, and it is there.  I think it's $129/bottle.

Fancy new bottle? I wonder what it will sell for if they send it out for distribution.

18 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Fancy new bottle? I wonder what it will sell for if they send it out for distribution.

No new bottle or anything!  I think it was limited to 1 per tour patron.  Grenades were as well.

IMG_9245.JPG

IMG_9415.JPG

7 minutes ago, Jazz Nut said:

No new bottle or anything!  I think it was limited to 1 per tour patron.  Grenades were as well.

IMG_9245.JPG

IMG_9415.JPG

What is the bad bourbon?

What is the bad bourbon?

+1???

Also curious did you pick up the EC18 and other offerings at HH?

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

+1???

Also curious did you pick up the EC18 and other offerings at HH?

I didn't pick up the EC18, it was $199.  I bought a few bottles a few years ago for $129.  I like it though!  The bad bourbon was a 25 year barrel that was lost, and the master distiller loved the nose on it--similar to the 27 year Parker's Heritage, but he thought it had a horrible palate and finish.  They wanted to show the bad effects of overaged bourbon.  I actually liked it and found that there have been some versions of EC12, and EC18 to be as oaky and tannic.  Keep in mind that 25 year bourbon would have to be served in small quantities.  Lovely nose, but very oaky.

What's up with the 'speed-pours'?    Doesn't that admit rather more air into the bottle while it's stored?    Just askin'.  

I'm not a bit familiar with 'em, other than I know taverns use 'em for frequently poured bottles.     I always assumed because it didn't matter to have them in the bottle tops, since the bottles would be emptied in a day or two. 

Am I totally off base on this?

2 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

What's up with the 'speed-pours'?    Doesn't that admit rather more air into the bottle while it's stored?    Just askin'.  

I'm not a bit familiar with 'em, other than I know taverns use 'em for frequently poured bottles.     I always assumed because it didn't matter to have them in the bottle tops, since the bottles would be emptied in a day or two. 

Pretty sure they go through the tasting room bottles pretty quickly at Heaven Hill

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I think VSOF 12 yr needs to be removed, is this still made?

Seen  a couple of bottles around E'town, just not in my price range.

52 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Pretty sure they go through the tasting room bottles pretty quickly at Heaven Hill

They were very generous with the poirs, and the tour guide tasted along with my dad and I.  We were the only people on the tour, so that may have had something to do with it, but the tour guide was great.

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Don't know if it matters any but most places have toppers for the speed pour tops to put on at the end of the night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.