Currently Available Age-Stated Bourbons

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think the premise of the thread was to list those brands who still have an age statement rather than being changed to NAS. However on reflection I believe all age statements are useful even if it's in months and less than one or two years.

I think the premise of the thread was to list those brands who still have an age statement rather than being changed to NAS. However on reflection I believe all age statements are useful even if it's in months and less than one or two years.

Didn't include those since, being under 4 years, the OC has to bear the statement, and being a 4yr goes without saying. Still, the OCR gets points for being honest. What say you all? Should it be included?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Include please and hooray for honesty

Updated to include Old Crow Reserve, but I think we should dedicate this list to voluntary age statements. Those mandatory under-4-year statements are more like warnings. :lol:

Has anyone seen Military Special from Sazerac on shelves? If so, I will reluctantly include it as well.

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=13043001000269

Baker’s 7-year

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Big House 6-year

Booker’s

Buck Bourbon 8-year

Bulleit 10-year

Eagle Rare 10-year Single Barrel

Elijah Craig 12-year

Evan Williams Single Barrel

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Ezra Brooks 12-year Single Barrel

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year 90°

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Henry McKenna 10-year Single Barrel

Jeffers Creek 6-year

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year

Jim Beam White Label 7-year

Kirkland (Costco) Bourbon 7-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Knob Creek Single Barrel 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Crow Reserve 4-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10-year

Edited by mosugoji64

There's also a three year old Military Special Bourbon made by Heaven Hill. I figure it's just a different contract because they are both labeled as being bottled for Atlantic.

What about Kentucky Vintage, I just tasted that bottle last week,on the back it clearly states at least 12 yrs. old, However just the other day I seen another one that I thought said at least 10 yrs. old,either way it does state an age on the back, I was actually surprised, and EC18,EC20,EC21,and all the Van winkle line, Sazerac 18, ER17, should these be included?

There's something called Black Saddle that's 12-years age stated. Bottled by some outfit out of California.

What about Kentucky Vintage, I just tasted that bottle last week,on the back it clearly states at least 12 yrs. old, However just the other day I seen another one that I thought said at least 10 yrs. old,either way it does state an age on the back, I was actually surprised, and EC18,EC20,EC21,and all the Van winkle line, Sazerac 18, ER17, should these be included?

I'll check on KY Vintage. EC18 is no longer available, and the rest are annual/special releases. The list is for everyday bottles with age statements.

There's something called Black Saddle that's 12-years age stated. Bottled by some outfit out of California.

I'll check that one as well.

I'll check on KY Vintage. EC18 is no longer available, and the rest are annual/special releases. The list is for everyday bottles with age statements.

My Bad, not Ky vintage,It's pure Ky.

I think that KBD is pretty well out of whiskey these days.

that would explain why all WFE bourbons seem to be dusties anymore, but doesnt really explain why Eric still hasnt gotten his barrel selection from like a year ago. Methinks there are other issues at play.

Found the info on Black Saddle and added it to the list. It's NDP stuff from Frank-Lin in CA. If anyone has tried it, let us know what you think. One of the online retailers has it listed as Beam whiskey, though it's more likely LDI/MGP.

Pure Kentucky is no longer age stated. From what I understand, it used to be a 10yr whiskey but has been NAS for some time.

Also, please let me know when the NAS Old Charter 8 bottles start showing up on shelves and I'll remove OC 8yr from the list.

Baker’s 7-year

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Big House 6-year

Black Saddle 12-year

Booker’s

Buck Bourbon 8-year

Bulleit 10-year

Elijah Craig 12-year

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year 90°

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Jeffers Creek 6-year

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Crow Reserve 4-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

One missing from the list is Sam Clay. I don't know how widespread it is but it is readily available here in Virginia. It is a bottom shelf 80 proof with an 6 year age statement. Its not the greatest bourbon in the world, but when I am looking for a handle and want change back on a 20 it tends to be the one I pick up.

Updated to add Sam Clay. That's a good catch. Another one of the many HH regional brands, and one with a long history.

Baker’s 7-year

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Big House 6-year

Black Saddle 12-year

Booker’s

Buck Bourbon 8-year

Bulleit 10-year

Elijah Craig 12-year

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year 90°

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Jeffers Creek 6-year

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Crow Reserve 4-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Sam Clay 6-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

Found the info on Black Saddle and added it to the list. It's NDP stuff from Frank-Lin in CA. If anyone has tried it, let us know what you think. One of the online retailers has it listed as Beam whiskey, though it's more likely LDI/MGP.

I think that Beam thing is a mistake. A local retailer near me carries it and I've already told the manager that he's not going to be able to sell it and that when he's ready to discount the crap out of it to let me know. He's had it on the shelf for more than three months and has not sold one bottle yet.

Hey just seen another you can add to the list - James E. Pepper -1776 15 yrs. old, and what about the old scout line,just seen them as well.

Hey just seen another you can add to the list - James E. Pepper -1776 15 yrs. old, and what about the old scout line,just seen them as well.

The info on the James E. Pepper website says, "Get this special whiskey while you can," leading me to believe the 15 year is a limited release.

Still not sure about the OS and VOS lines. Are they going to be regular releases or limited? The info I've seen recently seems to indicate they're limited. Can anyone confirm either way?

In order to keep this thread from growing into a mess, the posting traffic should be limited to submissions, questions or requests for clarification from Brian/mosugoji64 and answers to his questions.

If you wish to discuss taste, value, local availability or any other variable that tickles a bourbon lovers's fancy, please have that discussion in the appropriate thread elsewhere on the site.

The James E. Pepper discussion has been moved to this recent thread on the bottling: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?18943-James-E-Pepper-15-year

Old Charter is no longer age-stated. The former 8 yo AS now merely has the number "8" on the label (alla VOB).

Heaven Hill 8 year 86 is still being released here in RI (and I'm told MN). Not sure if that counts or not. My guess is it won't be for much longer given current trends.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, wadewood said:

Bumping an old post; shame to see so many on this list from 1.5 years ago are now NAS.  I compiled a list of age stated American Whiskies and calculated costs per year of aging.  Link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG7WNyeb-OTubYPKjsRBuqzvQPpYQDUTjALG2M_0m1U/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks Wade, good list. It's something to go back a few years and see what's gone and what's new in that category. 

1 hour ago, wadewood said:

Bumping an old post; shame to see so many on this list from 1.5 years ago are now NAS.  I compiled a list of age stated American Whiskies and calculated costs per year of aging.  Link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZG7WNyeb-OTubYPKjsRBuqzvQPpYQDUTjALG2M_0m1U/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for putting this list together!

I added some additional ryes (WP and Redemption BPs), and HW Bourye for the last few years as well. I'm not sure if these are keeping in the spirit of your list so feel free to remove them. I can add more similar bottlings later if that is okay.

Personally, I would love this list to not only have bottles which have ages stated on the front label, but to be a more encompassing list where we include commonly known age ranges. For instance Baby Saz is on this list but the 6 year age statement is nowhere on the label, but that is commonly known/assumed. There are a number of other regular BT releases, like C.E.H.T, Blanton's, Stagg Jr, and others that we can add reasonable age ranges for. I think including this information would make the list useful not just for tracking which bottles go NAS, but for general information. I am more interested in how old the juice is, rather than if it says the age on the label or not, but that's just me.

I would suggest organizing the list into Bourbon, Rye, and American Whiskey (Mellow Corn, Bernhiem, Bourye, etc) as well.

Edited by EarthQuake

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.