Currently Available Age-Stated Bourbons

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After the recent threads lamenting the loss of age statements, I thought it might be a good idea to maintain a running list of what age-stated bourbons are still out there. I didn't include any special releases - only regular releases. I also didn't include anything with the mandated under-four-year age statements though if others think they should be included, we can add them. Please let me know of any I've forgotten and I'll add them, or if any are incorrect and I'll make changes.

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Booker’s

Bulleit 10-year

Eagle Rare 10-year Single Barrel

Elijah Craig 12-year

Evan Williams Single Barrel

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Ezra Brooks 12-year Single Barrel

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Henry McKenna 10-year Single Barrel

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Jim Beam Distiller’s Series 7-year

Kirkland (Costco) Bourbon 7-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Knob Creek Single Barrel 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

Baker's is still 7-year age stated. Also, wasn't the Jim Beam Signature 12-year supposed to become a regular release, or was that just someone's (Chuck's?) prediction?

I agree great idea. Another is Big House Bourbon. It is age stated at 6-years old. I believe it is more of a regional brand.

Heaven Hill gold label is BIB, but it doesn't specifically state an age on there, does it?

Heaven Hill gold label is BIB, but it doesn't specifically state an age on there, does it?

no, it has no age statement on it per se, but the BIB means it's at least 4 years old, but doubtfully not much more than that

Is Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12 year still produced. If so, in what states is it available?

I had started a thread on it a while ago on the Old Ezra 101, but it really never got answered. Do we know if it's still being made? It seems it's disappearing from quite a few places.

Buck Bourbon, I keep forgetting about that one. Born on the banks of Old Whiskey River where it grew a cool label and inflated price.

I had started a thread on it a while ago on the Old Ezra 101, but it really never got answered. Do we know if it's still being made? It seems it's disappearing from quite a few places.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I did not include the WFE releases since they're not regular, everyday releases. Also, if anyone (Yeti/Josh?) can bring me up to date on the SA bottles, I was under the impression they were special/irregular releases. If the age-stated bottles are regular releases, let me know and I'll include them here.

For now, here's the updated list:

Baker’s 7-year

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Big House 6-year

Booker’s

Buck Bourbon 8-year

Bulleit 10-year

Eagle Rare 10-year Single Barrel

Elijah Craig 12-year

Evan Williams Single Barrel

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Ezra Brooks 12-year Single Barrel

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Henry McKenna 10-year Single Barrel

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Jim Beam Distiller’s Series 7-year

Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year

Kirkland (Costco) Bourbon 7-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Knob Creek Single Barrel 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Russell's Reserve 10-year

Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is a blend of 6, 8 and 10 yr. so would that count as an age statement of 6 yrs?

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is a blend of 6, 8 and 10 yr. so would that count as an age statement of 6 yrs?

I'm unfamiliar with the labeling on that one. Does it say so on the label? If so, we might be able to consider that a 6 year age statement.

I'm unfamiliar with the labeling on that one. Does it say so on the label? If so, we might be able to consider that a 6 year age statement.

There is no age statement on Rare Breed.

True, there is no age statement though the back label says the contents are a mixture of 6-8-12 year old whisky. I suppose one could call that a minimum of six, an average of eight, or a Solera containing whisky up to twelve years of age.

No. It only counts if it is printed on the label.

I think we'll forgo adding RB to the list and only add bottles with an explicit age statement going forward.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.