BT single oak and a diatribe

RWBadley
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I believe my statement stands Tex, I spent a lot of years counseling business owners and one thing I've learned was people who know how to make money know how to keep it.

I believe my statement stands Tex, I spent a lot of years counseling business owners and one thing I've learned was people who know how to make money know how to keep it.

I think these days there was a lot of fast money made...people that aren't responsible with their money (i.e. the flippers and people trying to buy up cases of whiskey without knowing what they really have). Those people have money, but they don't hang onto it. It'll be gone soon. That's what I was referring to...

Buy or buy not. Some collector some where is completing the set. I'm much more frustrated by the continual dropping of age statements and price increases across all segments. My hope is the coming boom/bust cycle will solve this problem in another 5, 10, or 15 years.

I can't wait to walk into the guys house who has all 144 (or whatever) half bottles of single oak :laugh: poor bastard can't open any of em or he destroys the completeness of his collection.

I can't wait to walk into the guys house who has all 144 (or whatever) half bottles of single oak :laugh: poor bastard can't open any of em or he destroys the completeness of his collection.

You are so right. I'd be the guy leaning on him to open those sckrs up, they're not getting any older ya know. :cool:

192 bottles. An investment somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 grand!

The whole thing was stupid from the start. Package it as 15 minis (the equivalent of a 750) and price it in the $40 range. That way, you can actually compare them, and you could have the whole set for around $500. Plus you could sell the better versions in full-sized bottles.

But it's obviously just another high end product with an interesting "story." Instead of a tornado or a trip on a ship, the story is about the trees. That's fine of course, and interesting, but let's not pretend it's an experiment-- if it were they would have limited the variables.

I think we've fully established that the Single Oak project was not done well in a number of ways. :lol:

I think we've fully established that the Single Oak project was not done well in a number of ways. :lol:

Comon joe. This thread is only two pages!!!!! I was hoping it would go to 6. Although in order for that to happen someone would have to use the 'P' word. Shhhhh

Comon joe. This thread is only two pages!!!!! I was hoping it would go to 6. Although in order for that to happen someone would have to use the 'P' word. Shhhhh

Pumpernickle?????

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.