Bluffhunter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's what I tend to order in restaurants, unless of course they have something "special" behind the bar.

I've got a bottle open at home as well.

I've had MM46 and VW12 often enough to say this: I'll never again spend the extra money to buy VW12, especially since I find MM46 between $20-25 on sale. Once my VW12 bottles are gone, that's it.

Y'all are just killing me. Haven't had any 46 in several months and now "I just gotta have it". Pit stop on the way home.

I've had MM46 and VW12 often enough to say this: I'll never again spend the extra money to buy VW12, especially since I find MM46 between $20-25 on sale. Once my VW12 bottles are gone, that's it.

I would buy it by the case at that price point, good for you!

I tried it just a few weeks ago and really liked it. Almost grabbed one today while perusing the shelves, as it was $31 on sale. Like the others said, not a MM fan but this was pretty nice. Intense caramel/vanilla taste with a nice aftertaste. Sooner or later, one will come home. I just couldnt pass up the Larceny 1.75 thatll be 19.99 after the rebate, otherwise, I mightve grabbed the 46 today.

Liquor Barn in St. Matthews? I was there a few weeks back and saw the $31 price. I ended up buying two store selects. I wish I would have also picked up a MM46. I looked for one today while I was out and didn't see it at the big chain store that I went to. They might have had it. I was kind of in a hurry. I did see regular MM.

I've had one bottle of the 46 and like it quite a bit. Would love it for $20-25! I have one more, but its blue and white wax to celebrate UKs last championship, so I won't be opening it soon. Does that make me a Makers collector?

Liquor Barn in St. Matthews? I was there a few weeks back and saw the $31 price.

thats the one.

I often wonder, but have yet to check for myself, if the prices are the same from one LB to the next. that particular store says it is independently owned, so I kinda doubt it. That store does often have the best prices on stuff. I think Ive seen Bookers there for $43 or $44....

thats the one.

I often wonder, but have yet to check for myself, if the prices are the same from one LB to the next. that particular store says it is independently owned, so I kinda doubt it. That store does often have the best prices on stuff. I think Ive seen Bookers there for $43 or $44....

They say they don't take Liquor Barn gift cards. Not sure how they can keep the same name. I like it better than the other Liquor Barn that I have been to (Hurstbourne). Although that store has a pretty nice whiskey guy (the guy with a lot of tats). Anyway, $31 is a fantastic price on MM46. I have never seen it for less than $36 in Indy.

(Hurstbourne). Although that store has a pretty nice whiskey guy (the guy with a lot of tats).

I know who youre talking about. I discussed Dickel 9 with him last time I was there to clear the shelf of it. He confirmed that the LB's bought a barrel and split it amongst themselves, and there would likely be more in the future. That made me happy.....but I cleared the shelf anyway.

I would buy it by the case at that price point, good for you!

I have -- bought a case for $19.99 each about a year ago. Saw the sale sticker on the shelf with no bottles behind it, so I asked the clerk if there were more. There weren't at the time, but more were on the way and they gave me the price advertised.

Man. 46 in my neck of the woods runs around $37 or $38. I'm not even going to try it for that since MM is not my fave.

I'm not even going to try it for that since MM is not my fave.

Im not a MM fan either, but the 46 is worth a try. Its at every decent bar around here. Just get a shot of it sometime when youre out.

I picked up a bottle and can see where reviews get the cinnemon flavor on it. I thought was decent but not alot on the finish, for $37 would probalby opt for FRSB instead unless I had a specific craving for it again. Obviously better than standard MM.

Love it. I had a blind tasting at my house where the 46 edged out PVW 20 with 3 of 5 tasters.

Interesting. I also like 46 quite a lot. Never know about blind tastings. I did one with some friends, and Baker's was a unanimous winner over PVW 15 (2011 bottle).

I like the 46 well enough. It's a bit pricey for what is, though.

with regular MM at $25ish here, I think $30 or so would be about right. Catch a sale and thats about what it is, but $35+ is a bit too much.

I like MM 46, but it's $38.99. I can get WLW12 for $31.99, OWA107 $22.99, WR 90 for $18.99 and I paid $39.99 for ORVW 10, not to mention Larceny. I just cashed my $10.00 rebate check today :) it's just under cut at every turn here.

Ted

I dig the 46, would buy again, makes a kickass sidecar too.

what type of sidecar did you make with a bourbon?! gonna open mine within the next days I suppose ;)

Shortly after being inspired by this thread, I found it on sale for $32 and thought it was worth a try.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.