What "Other American Whisky" are you drinking?

On 8/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, Kjbarth said:

Watching the Giants preseason game.

7EB556FD-78CB-4DF7-AFAB-265088B64A8E.thumb.jpeg.e943487655035326c4ee35e741c9d26c.jpeg

I picked up one of these today for the first time.  I was quite interested to try something new for a change.  I was surprised to see on the back label age statement at least two years.  I guess taste is what counts.  I'm digging it.  It seems much older than two years - no white doggy taste, or raw biscuit dough.  I get something like the smell of a cherry pie baking in the oven, with the brown crust and cherries, but no too much of the sweetness.

Is this one of those TN whiskies that technically meet requirements for Bourbon, just not labeled as such.

• I like it 1
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tanstaafl2

• smokinjoe

• kevinbrink

• flahute

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, seems the evil spirit proved powerful enough to throw Ida off course and saved us a direct hit— so I’ll gladly be back to the Green Brier in appreciation. Power is out here and at the shop, my c

I have yet to have one of these I haven't liked. For me, makes it the most consistent single barrel product I've had at least 3 bottles of.

With the massive amount of barrels that JD has they could literally flood the market with unbelievable great single barrel barrel proof store pick juice and most people would still think “it just JD h

Posted Images

On 10/21/2021 at 10:39 PM, PaulO said:

I picked up one of these today for the first time.  I was quite interested to try something new for a change.  I was surprised to see on the back label age statement at least two years.  I guess taste is what counts.  I'm digging it.  It seems much older than two years - no white doggy taste, or raw biscuit dough.  I get something like the smell of a cherry pie baking in the oven, with the brown crust and cherries, but no too much of the sweetness.

Is this one of those TN whiskies that technically meet requirements for Bourbon, just not labeled as such.

It’s good, just not available in a lot of places. I got it at the distillery, can’t get it in NJ.

B.B. Babington

...Is this one of those TN whiskies that technically meet requirements for Bourbon, just not labeled as such.

as per much of tennessee whiskey, it's filtered.  

I'm looking for one of these.  looks like interesting link to history

Yeah, the back label has the filtered through maple charcoal story, like JD and GD.

8 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

as per much of tennessee whiskey, it's filtered.  

I'm looking for one of these.  looks like interesting link to history

I wouldn't look too hard.

B.B. Babington
12 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I wouldn't look too hard.

Picked up 2.  I like the label.  Beverage okay.  Woodford on the front end. A few flavors going on, better than expected.  Some harshness, of course, but it is toddler at 2 year old.  Harshness in the finish.  Greater than expected finish. No wood.  At 8 or 10 years age this might be really tasty.  I'll play a lot with this bottle.  Already getting unusual flavor 4th pour so this might have more interesting things to offer.  Though they priced it reasonable for craft, it would have to be cheaper to make it regular friend.  

Silly me. I avoided Belle Meade since it's sourced, but also picked up regular and cask to see what Green Brier did with that.

I picked up one of these today for the first time.  I was quite interested to try something new for a change....

And this is one of many reasons SB forum so fun!  This wasn't on my radar and now having blast with it.  Thanks for heads up.

• I like it 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nelson’s Green Brier on college football Saturday watching Purdue/Mich St after watching the wild UNC win over Wake.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite JD juice.

I gave our son's girlfriend a pour.

She's a big fan of barrel proofers.

She loved it,  and could not believe it was JD.

I hope that the secret never gets out!

20211125_185546.jpg

• I like it 4