ChainWhip

What "Other American Whisky" are you drinking?

camduncan

We did a virtual tasking here in Australia last weekend with about 36 of us online via Zoom, and hosted by long time member here Scott aka Hightower.  There were some excellent bourbon and rye examples, and a few guests from the US who took us though their thoughts on their products we were sampling. The final product of the night was a Westward American Single Malt.  As a non-scotch drinking participant, I found it to be reasonably good.  Not necessarily something I'd drop the AU $112 (US $70) asking price on for a bottle, but certainly something I'd happily pay AU $20 for a shot in a bar.

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2
51 minutes ago, camduncan said:

We did a virtual tasking here in Australia last weekend with about 36 of us online via Zoom, and hosted by long time member here Scott aka Hightower.  There were some excellent bourbon and rye examples, and a few guests from the US who took us though their thoughts on their products we were sampling. The final product of the night was a Westward American Single Malt.  As a non-scotch drinking participant, I found it to be reasonably good.  Not necessarily something I'd drop the AU $112 (US $70) asking price on for a bottle, but certainly something I'd happily pay AU $20 for a shot in a bar.

Westward recently released a single barrel cask strength version through K&L wines that @Kpiz alerted me to. Haven't tried it yet but it has some serious color for a 5yo craft whiskey! I still have a bottle of their original 2yo whiskey from a few years ago and have to say it was pretty good for young whiskey.

• I like it 1

kwshannon

Purchased Cedar Ridge Wheat Whiskey store pick today, $30.  Helped local distillery and local LS.

IMG_0397.JPG

• I like it 2

kevinbrink

I haven't logged in in a minute, but still here in the garden state trying to retain what's left of my sanity 

IMG_20200527_210716849.jpg

• I like it 2

smokinjoe
10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I haven't logged in in a minute, but still here in the garden state trying to retain what's left of my sanity 

IMG_20200527_210716849.jpg

Nice pic, Kevin.  I really love HW Campfire, because it’s just so damn weird.  But, it really works well beyond just throwing a bunch of seemingly dissimilar things in a bottle to be weird for weirdnesses sake.  Nothing else really like it.  Cheers to retaining, and regaining, your sanity!  When you figure it out, please share with the rest of us who could use a hand in finding our own... 🙂

• I like it 1

kevinbrink
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice pic, Kevin.  I really love HW Campfire, because it’s just so damn weird.  But, it really works well beyond just throwing a bunch of seemingly dissimilar things in a bottle to be weird for weirdnesses sake.  Nothing else really like it.  Cheers to retaining, and regaining, your sanity!  When you figure it out, please share with the rest of us who could use a hand in finding our own... 🙂

If I figure it out I'll let you know, hope all is well, agreed on Campfire have noticed batch variation but despite that it is consistently weirdly enjoyable. 

Edited by kevinbrink

tanstaafl2
On 5/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, kevinbrink said:

On 5/28/2020 at 8:15 AM, smokinjoe said:

Cheers to retaining, and regaining, your sanity!  When you figure it out, please share with the rest of us who could use a hand in finding our own... 🙂

On 5/28/2020 at 9:17 PM, kevinbrink said:

If I figure it out I'll let you know,

I found it easier to just let it go and be done with! Hasn't done me any harm...

• I like it 1

LCWoody

I decided to open up a George Dickel (Specs) barrel pick from 2014, and man is it good. Such a caramel bomb. 
75CB5A3F-97D0-4A47-8A82-08EF57D20D0F.thumb.jpeg.b6fb160693d351e96fe74243c1c47e2d.jpeg

• I like it 2