What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This morning a small sampling of WLW 134.8. Wow what a way to start the summer.

It's summer, it's Saturday morning so it's OGD114 in my coffee. I have obviously grown very fond of starting my weekend off with this.

Ah, into the summer now. Last night I had pours of 4RSmB, John J. Bowman, a BT Single Oak project wheater and finished with just a wee sample of WTRB. The John J. Bowman was the clear winner of the bunch, first time I ever had it. Great nose, nicely balanced, good finish. Too bad I can't find it around here.

I know last night was not summer but I had-

FRSB LE 2014

Stagg 2013

Booker's 25

All were great pours but I preferred the FR over the other two.

Best regards, Tony

Taking a 'pint traveler' of VOB 6-year, 100-pr. with me tomorrow to a Birthday Party where I expect little in the way of good Bourbon. Really looking forward to that. The last 6-yr VOB I own.... boo-hoo.

1792 RR in a first attempt at a low-carb whiskey sour. So far, getting the job done!

Finished off a bottle of John J. Bowman and finishing off a bottle of HW Rendezvous Rye. Both solid bottles. Just thinning the herd.

Started with a standard Bookers batch 2013-7 and rolling into my second pour of Bookers 25th. This is some fine bourbon.

TPS OWA, bottle almost empty....but a few in reserve. The caramel smell when I first pour takes me back to first bourbon and coke I ever drank.

After the Bookers standard release and 25th Anniversary release, I'm treating myself today for some unknown reason, poured about 1oz of Four Roses 125th Anniversary Small Batch. I wish I had 10 cases of this stuff...

Nothing esoteric. One Knob Creek last night, then a night cap of FRSiB.

Two different Willett 25yr ryes,Blanton's Straight From the Barrel and some WT 12yr CGF shared with a few friends last night.

SB blend to start, now the penultimate pour from the OFBB13. Damn I am going to miss this one when it's gone.

Trying out Rhetoric for the first time. I enjoy it a little more than Barterhouse.

I was 30 seconds away from breaking out some Pappy15. Stupid CR7. Save it for the Germany game.

Let's start summer off properly with the last of my ECBP batch 2/EC12 vatting. 4:3 worked pretty well.

And now onto Armanetti's OBSV. This bottle is a little long in the teeth.

Edited by Auracom

Let's start summer off properly with the last of my ECBP batch 2/EC12 vatting. 4:3 worked pretty well.

Nice vatting! I find ECBP mixes better with EC12 than water!

Had some EC21 during the US-Portugal game, now on to RR10 to watch some Longmire season 1. Love the scenery more than anything else in that show so far.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!