What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Treating myself to a first pour of FRPS (OESV, Jackie's 63.2). This is easy to sip at proof, mildly fruity with a good bit of oak. Very tasty, if a bit simple. I hope it might bloom with some air time.

Edited by MauiSon

I'm right there with you. I have a few of these stashed away.

I hear ya. Great bourbon. I bought 2 and thinking I should go back and pick up the last couple.

cracked open a bottle of Russell's Reserve

couldn't figure out why I had 2, then I saw that one was signed by Jimmy (at Binny's whisky night a few years ago)

My first day back at work after a three week vacation. I haven't had any BIB's in a while, so when I got home from work today, I had a nice healthy pour of my Dant/EW/HH 6yr BIB vatting. :yum: It's really hitting the spot quite nicely. :cool:

Nice pour of some OBSK to get me over hump day. Also building anticipation for the GBS OBSK pick :yum:

Sent my OFBB13 to the recycling bin (RIP) and now some Ezra B 12

My first day back at work after a three week vacation. I haven't had any BIB's in a while, so when I got home from work today, I had a nice healthy pour of my Dant/EW/HH 6yr BIB vatting. :yum: It's really hitting the spot quite nicely. :cool:

Does that ever sound good! EWBIB is the only one easily accessible to me currently but I have enjoyed the other two in the past. Extremely good taste to price ratio on those three.

revisiting WFE 8 year. I cant make my mind up about this one, I keep getting the same 'profile' off of it that makes me think it is barrel proof 8 year old forester, and Im not an OF fan. It's definately not HH or Beam stuff in this bottle.

Cracked open the ETL that I bought today. What a great whiskey, neat or on rocks. Haven't seen the Commemorative bottling in Massachusetts, but I'd like to find it.

Went with the BMH last night.... really enjoy this one. Glad I got another bottle in reserve

6DB7E504-131E-41F9-97DE-257A9A71AD4E_1.jpg

My 50/50 vatting of WT101 and 4RYL. Meh results unfortunately but that's part of the game, didn't enhance either so I will return to YL/W12.

Polishing off the last oz of a few stragglers that have been around for a while. PS OESO (getting more soon), Woodford Four Wood and also the Seasoned Oak. Making room for some new stuff on the bar

Polishing off the last oz of a few stragglers that have been around for a while. PS OESO (getting more soon), Woodford Four Wood and also the Seasoned Oak. Making room for some new stuff on the bar

Yeah, I had a tough day at work today so I kept telling myself I would treat myself to something special. I even thought about opening a long held but yet to open WLW13. But no, I saw a few stragglers that I want to move to make room for some new stuff so I opted for EWSB and a 50/50 vatting of WT101 and old WTR101. Pours that I love but nothing special.

Pours of ER10, IW Harper, PS 4R OBSV, OFBB13. I liked the four roses the best. Still don't care much for the bday bourbon.

Tough, tough day of work. Multiple pours of SAOS 10 yr making everything better.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!