What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Eagle Rare 10 bit the dust tonight. Probably like the end of just about anything, but the closer it got to empty, the more I liked it...

Finishing up with The King Stagg.

My routine is back to normal. Finished off a bottle of OGD114 in me coffee reading the paper (yes some of us actually still enjoy a newspaper) on the back porch. Moved on to some VOB6yr in coffee, cleaned out a portion of the garage and now trying to cool off with a nice pour of VOB over ice.

Now that I've located a small stash of 6 yr labeled bottles I feel like I can enjoy it more often and at $9.99 a 750 nothing and I mean nothing can compare!

A nice pour of Angel's Envy last night. Very tasty to be sure, but I'm wanting it to be higher proof than it is (86), especially at $50

My routine is back to normal. Finished off a bottle of OGD114 in me coffee reading the paper (yes some of us actually still enjoy a newspaper) on the back porch.

I'm with ya on the newspaper. Make it a part of my morning routine every day. I even get up earlier during the workweek to make time. Just finished staining the fence. Think I'll start with some EC21 after I scarf down a sammich. Then I see a raft in the pool beckoning me.

FR PS OBSO 10 yr 3 mo 106.8 proof. One of the lower proof PS's I recall. But I really am enjoying it. It's got the full floral and spice mix that for me is classic FR. The O yeast seems to have more of the floral than the spice -opposite of the K yeast for my palate. And I love them both.

Blind SBS of OFBB '13 and Barterhouse. Gotta say, I taste some similarity here. Edge to Barterhouse

Started with double pours of ECBP and ETLC.

Not sure where to next but thinking some good aged ryes.

Blind SBS of OFBB '13 and Barterhouse. Gotta say, I taste some similarity here. Edge to Barterhouse

I love everything about this.

One hated, one loved.

Too bad the Bourbon Elite have now decided you don't know anything about bourbon because your taste preference doesn't' align with what's *supposed* to be "better." :rolleyes:

Full disclosure: I have had both and think the nose on each is dangerously approachable yet what comes next leaves a bit to be desired. Time to do a blind SBS myself.

I just wrapped up an enjoyable week on the beach with the family. I can't recall ever going a week without the newspaper, phone or a computer, but this week was one in which I did a nice sanity check and managed to avoid all! I found that good food, fishing, swimming, kayaking and being off the grid suited me pretty well. The weeks lineup was a working man lineup of EC12, BT and HH 6yr BIB along with an assortment of various beers (of which a few Fat Tires seemed to stand out as the most noteworthy).

Too bad the Bourbon Elite have now decided you don't know anything about bourbon because your taste preference doesn't' align with what's *supposed* to be "better.

Boots, you seem to be a provocative guy. This quote is kind of a straw man isn't it? I doubt anyone on these boards calls out GGG because of his opinion. So who is "The Bourbon Elite"? Don't think you are giving the SB community enough credit.

This for you Chi-Town. A small Sunday evening pour of refrigerated goodness in my favorite glass

post-7672-1448982107322_thumb.jpg

This for you Chi-Town. A small Sunday evening pour of refrigerated goodness in my favorite glass

Love it! I like pictures!

Obviously, here at SB.com we know the truth (at least, as we define it :grin:) about inexpensive pours. I had a long weekend of issues to deal with, nothing major, but still stuff to sort through. I was once again thinking of treating myself to a nice pour of something special, but once again opted for an economy pour in an effort to clear some space in the cabinet for some new stuff. Wow, that is a long sentence! Not the most inexpensive, yet still on the low end, I opted for a nice pour of WT101. Anyway, this pour of WT101 chilled with just the right amount of small cubes is anything but disappointing. So, WLW, FRSmBLE, etc. sit in the cabinet tonight while I enjoy a pour of WT101. If I miss out on this year's allocated releases, I have another reasonable option to turn to.

And because it was there I looked! :lol:

Yup, I read it...

Most of the time I'm on my phone e Tapatalk if you don't have it... Works fantastic!

Take a picture of what you're having and post.

Just wait for my next thread, lots of pictures.

After an EC21 pour, I transitioned right into EC12 for multiple pours, all of which are tasting mighty nice.

Boots, you seem to be a provocative guy. This quote is kind of a straw man isn't it? I doubt anyone on these boards calls out GGG because of his opinion. So who is "The Bourbon Elite"? Don't think you are giving the SB community enough credit.

Indeed, I've seen plenty of folks here professing their like of both Barterhouse and Old Blowhard (and now Rhetoric). I don't see anyone taking them to task or ridiculing their tastes so I'm also wondering who this "elite" is.

I'm also drinking some Barterhouse tonight. I find some things to like about it, and see the similarity to OFBB and JPS21. Ultimately for me, I'm discovering that I like extra aged bourbons less and less as I go on so this one is not a favorite for me. I certainly don't hate it and it will be nice to have around as a smooth change of pace pour, but for me it's not worth the premium going forward.

Booker's. Even though I absolutely love it, I often overlook Booker's at the store or even on my own bar. I really have no idea why. Every pour I'm reminded it is hands down one of my favorites. Big, bold, powerful. It *is* bourbon, imo.

After an EC21 pour, I transitioned right into EC12 for multiple pours, all of which are tasting mighty nice.

McKenna Store pick.

Not to brag, but I think we did pretty good picking this one out.

Need to add this to the bunker list.

B

Just poured some regular old Knob Creek.

Tastes pretty good while I listen to Coltrane's "My Favorite Things" album.

Just poured some regular old Knob Creek.

Tastes pretty good while I listen to Coltrane's "My Favorite Things" album.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!