What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

East Eagle Rare 17...so yummy!

Tastes just like ER10..... but...a lot more eagley...and....7 years more rarer at 2.5x the price. :D

First pour of ETL Commemorative. Creamier on the palate than I remember the standard. A bit more heat and spice than I recall as well. But still the backbone of the BT mashbill #2. Will need to revisit this one after some airtime, but a quality tribute to a legend.

It's Friday, and I'm still on vacation, so I'm fully enjoying my time off. I started with a little Wild Turkey KS, and am now on to some '13 Stagg. It's a good night.

Blanton's on the rocks while barbecuing with the wife and kids. Now some Bowman SB/Port Finished blend. And finally, some FR OBSO.

Tried Ancient Age Preferred - and am grateful I bought a 200ml trial size. It's awful.

But I have found my way to enjoying W12.

tbt

Tried Ancient Age Preferred - and am grateful I bought a 200ml trial size. It's awful.

ETL Comm. nicely balanced soft bourbon. Too soft for me. Won't buy it again. I'd take a 4 roses small batch over it anyday. I'll be gifting the rest that I have to folks I consider friends. As for regular ETL? I'll grab the occasional bottle for fun and relish the barrel picks I've done with friends. Those bottles are worth their weight in gold. :)

That's a cheap blended whiskey, right? I think I made the same mistake a few years ago.

WLW semi-vertical. 05, 06, 12 and 13. 06 is really good and the best, but 05 and 12 are both good and held their own. Wish my 2012s hadn't all grown legs and run off, but it happens.

WLW semi-vertical. 05, 06, 12 and 13. 06 is really good and the best, but 05 and 12 are both good and held their own. Wish my 2012s hadn't all grown legs and run off, but it happens.

Jealous here!

For me:

Double pour of ECBP, SB blend, ORVW 10 2013, PVW 20 '09

OWA, so the common man is represented :grin:

There's comfort in that sir. Stay gold pony boy. Stay gold.

There's comfort in that sir. Stay gold pony boy. Stay gold.

ha, drinking frickin' Maker's Mark over here. Arguably, the best bourbon is free bourbon, however.

I got tired of trying to find AA 10yr. Thought, you know, "preferred" is usually a word that means better, right?

That's true in certain quarters, back alley's for instance.

Poured a very generous pour of GBS selected EC-12. WOW! What a lovely dram this is. I've had it several times; but I save it for times when I can savor it for the exceptional pour that it is. This afternoon is one of those times. Enjoying it immensely!!!!!!!

Poured a very generous pour of GBS selected EC-12.

Ok, I have to ask - what is GBS? I see that abbreviation all the time here and can't figure that one out. Don't see it on the abbreviation FAQ either. I assume this is a store of some sort?

Great lineup Josh. Sounds like a blast. Appalachian Whiskey Society meeting? Or just a normal night at the Yeti cave:grin:

WTRB 112.8 to start. Classic Turkey profile, and exceptionally executed. To my tastes, good Turkey should ooze the wood and #4 char influence, but not overwhelm the bit-o-honey, caramel, and burnt sugar influences. This one does that very well, for me. Not quite as heavy on mouthfeel as I would like, but from nose to finish, this is hittin' me good. Particularly, the finish...Pure Turkey. The really nice thing for me is that the heavy char wood influence muscles up, but doesn't turn the whiskey thin and tannic. The thin and tannic hints have been my issues with the standard 101 in recent years. I'll need to grab a recent release of that to see how it looks, because based on this, and my positive experience withe the RRSmBSB, I'm thinking this distillery may be on a good track.

Great evening grilling and hanging out on the porch. The lineup was ETL Com, VWFRR, OFBB'13 and finishing up with Binny's Weller 12 single barrel for dessert. Love when it stays light until 10.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!