Rhetoric

tigerlam92
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Specs in Dallas still had a couple bottles in the back and were charging $90 for it. I'm totally doing a "time capsule" as well. Thanks for the idea gentlemen!

Having lived with this for a few more days, I think I was too harsh on Rhetoric the first day.

It does have a nice smooth sweetness. It reminds me of good dusty Old Charter.

I'm still not tripping over my own feet trying to get more of this, but I will enjoy drinking what I have more than I originally thought.

It has been a good lesson in patience regarding not forming a strong opinion too fast on a new bourbon.

tbt

Having lived with this for a few more days, I think I was too harsh on Rhetoric the first day.

It does have a nice smooth sweetness. It reminds me of good dusty Old Charter.

I'm still not tripping over my own feet trying to get more of this, but I will enjoy drinking what I have more than I originally thought.

It has been a good lesson in patience regarding not forming a strong opinion too fast on a new bourbon.

tbt

It should remind you of dusty old charter.

Indeed, I know. These Orphan Barrel releases are an Old Charter lover's dream come true, in every respect except the price tags.

tbt

I finally got around to trying my Rhetoric yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot. While not as sweet as Barterhouse it seemed to have more depth/complexity and thicker mouthfeel. Then I had some Barterhouse and thought no I like this better. So between these 2 I like which ever one I happen to be drinking at the time the most.

Ok Today I purchased a bottle of Rhetoric.. Paid $99.99.. Not sure when I will get around to trying this one.. The reviews seems to suggest this is maybe the best of the three orphan barrel releases.. I have a bottle of Barterhouse stashed away.. Looking for a special ocassion and then will try one against the other.. Cheers. Creggor

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to try this last night at a local bar. More complex than Barterhouse and a bit chewier. Dry oak was the prevailing profile for me. Still prefer Barterhouse, and have yet to try OBH. I think these Orphan Barrels are getting unfairly judged based on Diageo's marketing rather than what's actually in the bottle. These are solid bourbons. They may not be for everyone, but they shouldn't be brushed aside simply because of Diageo's marketing approach.

I think these Orphan Barrels are getting unfairly judged based on Diageo's marketing rather than what's actually in the bottle. These are solid bourbons. They may not be for everyone, but they shouldn't be brushed aside simply because of Diageo's marketing approach.

• 4 weeks later...

Rhetoric finally showed up in this area I picked up a bottle today $89.99 haven't tried it yet. I did like both OBH, and Barterhouse.

Ted

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.