Price check..Elmer T. Lee

Dave43
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thrilled to find this in VA, $29.95 on sale. 2 bottles. Picked a third up for $31.95, the regular price. They seem to be fairly available here.

Not so in CA.

Thrilled to find this in VA, $29.95 on sale. 2 bottles. Picked a third up for $31.95, the regular price. They seem to be fairly available here.

Not so in CA.

Thrilled to find this in VA, $29.95 on sale. 2 bottles. Picked a third up for $31.95, the regular price. They seem to be fairly available here. Not so in CA.
This is correct. This is our W12 in Florida or Texas I guess. I don't think I've ever NOT been able to find it over the past year, and it's always been at most $31 and change.

I saw it on a shelf on Monday here in Greenville, SC for $49.99. This guy was clearly marking it up because of scarcity. We usually pay around $30 here.

I have been going back through episodes of WhiskyCast, starting at episode 1, and came across an episode with Elmer T. Lee. He appears in episode 67 from November 19, 2006. He gives some clues as to what he looks for in ETL bottlings. Give it a listen.

I have found an excellent source at $31 a bottle ( 5% discount for cases). Let's just say I have used that discount several times in the last few months. They had lots in stock, but say they have been told there will be strict allocations in the future.

I have found an excellent source at $31 a bottle ( 5% discount for cases). Let's just say I have used that discount several times in the last few months. They had lots in stock, but say they have been told there will be strict allocations in the future.

If I could find it at that price here (or really any reasonable price), I'd grab a couple cases.

As the op I'm sorry to all those that were upset with my post...but I have good news. Walked into a chain in mpls (Haskell's) and found 2 bottles, it felt like I won the lottery.

As the op I'm sorry to all those that were upset with my post...but I have good news. Walked into a chain in mpls (Haskell's) and found 2 bottles, it felt like I won the lottery.

....well.....whadyapayforit??

Oh, and to the above....don't mind Joe, especially when he's been smoking. ;)

....well.....whadyapayforit??

Oh, and to the above....don't mind Joe, especially when he's been smoking. ;)

$35 and worth every penny

Saw a store pick for 49.99 the employee told me that since it was a store pick the extra mark up was to make up for barrel yield. I passed at that price.

Saw a store pick for 49.99 the employee told me that since it was a store pick the extra mark up was to make up for barrel yield. I passed at that price.

Maybe they got ahold of a much older than usual barrel of ETL. :lol:

Maybe they got ahold of a much older than usual barrel of ETL. :lol:

Personally I think that is BS. My local guy got a very low yield barrel for a FR private selection and out of fear I asked how high the price would be as a result he said no worries, it was sold to him per bottle.

I passed on a ETL Commemorative at $99.99.

Wonder what they were commemorating? A rip off? I bought two at two different stores. Both in the low $30s.

Wisconsin (Madison) SB'ers, I have question. I remember going to a spot like woodmans and ETL being commonly available...still the case?

Personally I think that is BS. My local guy got a very low yield barrel for a FR private selection and out of fear I asked how high the price would be as a result he said no worries, it was sold to him per bottle.

This is the same store I have seen charge $39.99 for Weller 12. I call BS.

Any chance that someone could put this in some sort of spreadsheet form? I think inputting pricing from lowest to highest would be a good start. Maybe, include location of of pricing seen, along with applicable sales tax (and any other applicable tax) rate for area, and date price was seen?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.