Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just saw a tweet from SKU...

Stagg - Distilled in 1998 - 138.1 proof

Weller - Distilled in 2002 - 140.2 proof

Handy - Distilled in 2008 - 129.2 proof

So WLW is basically W12 BP this year it looks like.

One would hope that it was at least cherry picked Weller 12 at barrel proof which certainly isn't a bad thing although at $100 or more a bottle (the estimated MSRP I am hearing locally for all BTAC, which makes Handy even less appealing at 6 years of age) it is a wee bit spendy.

ER never seems to get the same respect although both are already at a set proof and the age on the Saz isn't likely to have changed much swimming around in a steel tank!

Did some quick math, looks like with 100% utilization of available spirit, there would be around 10,800 bottles of GTS (assuming my math is accurate . . . ). I'm sure the dumping and bottling process ate a portion of that. Would be interested to see the actual bottling count.

I was looking through those official letters and was interested to see that GTS had the highest evaporation rate, but wasn't the oldest. I guess the location of those barrels played a huge factor in that.

Did some quick math, looks like with 100% utilization of available spirit, there would be around 10,800 bottles of GTS (assuming my math is accurate . . . ). I'm sure the dumping and bottling process ate a portion of that. Would be interested to see the actual bottling count.

I was doing the same math :) (or rather Excel was)

Below is what I come up with (rounded down), but am curious if they post actual figures. This assumes every barrel is filled to the brim for the most part.

GTS: 10800

WLW: 3900

THH: 8300

ER17: 3100

Saz 18: 2800

Looked at the letter for Eagle Rare 17. Says it was distilled in 1993 (21 years ago). But the "age at bottling" is 19 years. Has this been sitting around bottled for 2 years or what?

Looked at the letter for Eagle Rare 17. Says it was distilled in 1993 (21 years ago). But the "age at bottling" is 19 years. Has this been sitting around bottled for 2 years or what?

May be a blend and you youngest is 17 but no idea

May be a blend and you youngest is 17 but no idea
As far as I know (which is not very far), BT had to decide how to deal with a production gap of high age mashbill #1 bourbon awhile back, and their solution was to dump everything left of appropriate age for ER17 into steel tanks and have been doling it out ever since. Given that the GTS this year is 16 yrs old and they probably didn't dump all their barrels of 16 yr MB#1, the non-tanked version of ER17 could be back next year.

Could be totally be misremembering this. It is definitely how BT has dealt with production gaps for Saz18 and WV Rye though.

As far as I know (which is not very far), BT had to decide how to deal with a production gap of high age mashbill #1 bourbon awhile back, and their solution was to dump everything left of appropriate age for ER17 into steel tanks and have been doling it out ever since. Given that the GTS this year is 16 yrs old and they probably didn't dump all their barrels of 16 yr MB#1, the non-tanked version of ER17 could be back next year.

Could be totally be misremembering this. It is definitely how BT has dealt with production gaps for Saz18 and WV Rye though.

Uggg...I hate how you have to hunt for these...I want to try the whole line up.

I think that is how most here feel.

One of the local shops filles their slots for the pappy/btac lottery. 200 slots, free but one per person. They started at 9am Saturday and filled all 200 spots by the afternoon. Its just crazy.

Ugggg I almost dread the releases nowadays. I read all the online reviews and then inevitably can't find any of it. It's like going to a bar full of hot loose women to go home alone to eat cold pizza and watch family guy. [emoji37]

I have my request in for a WLW and THH, but have no expectations of getting either (if I get the call, that is my Christmas surprise!) While they're wonderful, there is SO MUCH wonderful whiskey out there (and in the cabinet) that life is too short to chase these every year.

I have my request in for a WLW and THH, but have no expectations of getting either (if I get the call, that is my Christmas surprise!) While they're wonderful, there is SO MUCH wonderful whiskey out there (and in the cabinet) that life is too short to chase these every year.

Amen.............. :pope:

I put in requests at the VA ABC for Lot B and the entire BTAC and only got Lot B (as well as PVW 15 and Old Rip, though I didn't request these). I was told that I wouldn't have to reapply for 2014 so I'm hoping to get at least a few of these. If not, oh well.

I put in requests at the VA ABC for Lot B and the entire BTAC and only got Lot B (as well as PVW 15 and Old Rip, though I didn't request these). I was told that I wouldn't have to reapply for 2014 so I'm hoping to get at least a few of these. If not, oh well.

I'm on the VA ABC store list at 2 stores. Hope I get something. I put in for GTS, WLW, and ER17.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.