Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ten bucks says he gets the pappy when it cracks him upside the head. Hope you enjoy the glasses of good luck for a while bean.

Maryland before KY. That is quite odd. Has been first week of October in KY for a while.
Maryland typically gets limited editions of bourbons anywhere between a week and two months after Kentucky. If I were a betting man, I would guess that the distributor was not supposed to release this portion of the allocation as early as they did (or it was supposed to go to someone else and TW exerted influence to redirect it). This happens occasionally with Total Wine and other larger stores. I'm fairly certain I obtained a bottle of OFBB13 from them in early August last year, for instance (admittedly, it could have been September, though I was on a work trip to the west coast for most of August and September last year and don't think it was Sept.). There were also stores that didn't get their allocations of fall LEs until December last year.

Oddly enough it appears as though only part of the BTAC was available, along with only a few bottles of Van Winkle Rye. Looks like everything else (along with more GTS, WLW, Saz 18, and MAYBE ER17) is showing up later on. What can I say, Maryland is weird.

Edited by garbanzobean

Maryland typically gets limited editions of bourbons anywhere between a week and two months after Kentucky. If I were a betting man, I would guess that the distributor was not supposed to release this portion of the allocation as early as they did (or it was supposed to go to someone else and TW exerted influence to redirect it). This happens occasionally with Total Wine and other larger stores. I'm fairly certain I obtained a bottle of OFBB13 from them in early August last year, for instance (admittedly, it could have been September, though I was on a work trip to the west coast for most of August and September last year and don't think it was Sept.). There were also stores that didn't get their allocations of fall LEs until December last year.

Oddly enough it appears as though only part of the BTAC was available, along with only a few bottles of Van Winkle Rye. Looks like everything else (along with more GTS, WLW, Saz 18, and MAYBE ER17) is showing up later on. What can I say, Maryland is weird.

TW in Towson got Stagg and Handy. All gone now. Of all my other go-to places, only one got anything. And they got Stagg and one bottle of ER17. I came away with two bottles of Stagg. A nice way to start the fall hunting season. Thanks for the heads up bean!

I'm really glad it was in time to benefit you! As much as I know the GTS is the better bourbon of the two I obtained, I am really looking forward to cracking this ER17. I've only ever had the 2012, and it was nice. I actually passed up on the ER17 in 2012 because it was $80 or $90 and I thought that was too much to pay for a bottle of bourbon at the time. One of the only times I've ever even slightly regretted not buying a bottle of something I saw on the shelves (in fact, the only other time was the FRSmBLE13), so I'm pleased that I have another opportunity to get to know this feller.

I paid my local Total Wine a visit and they told me next month, first come, first served, camp out in line ahead of time.

I heard it hit ATL today.

I don't know anyone in the area..but Hope this helps others on this thread.

You have my attention. :) You heard that it is in retail today?

You have my attention. :) You heard that it is in retail today?

I was only informed from a friend who said he saw someone post a pic of 2014 GTS. I also saw on Bourbonr that they also said ATL released.

I called the Juice Box that typically gets allocated releases and they said they have not received it yet. I would keep my eyes peeled if in the GA area.

wish I had store info. sorry

I was only informed from a friend who said he saw someone post a pic of 2014 GTS. I also saw on Bourbonr that they also said ATL released.

I called the Juice Box that typically gets allocated releases and they said they have not received it yet. I would keep my eyes peeled if in the GA area.

wish I had store info. sorry

I'm hearing that Stagg Jr. is around, not GTS.

Every bottle I've actually seen has come from Maryland. I haven't seen anything from Georgia other than hearsay.

Yeah. Apparently it was all just revolving around a 2013 GTS that landed on a shelf somewhere in ATL.

I just want a WLW. I'm not even sure we get an allocation here in SC, since stores I've purchased PVW15 and GTS haven't even heard of it. I'll be on the hunt but with low expectations.

I am sure you all know BTAC is in KS. I was lucky to find a couple bottles.

Hopefully MO hits soon as well. Rumor is Illinois is coming soon!

Enjoy!

I am sure you all know BTAC is in KS. I was lucky to find a couple bottles.

Hopefully MO hits soon as well. Rumor is Illinois is coming soon!

Enjoy!

Nice!!! Which bottles were you able to land?

Nice!!! Which bottles were you able to land?

I was able to get 2 GTS and 1 ER17. While on my hunt I was also lucky to pick up a BMH NAS Red Label (KY), and a ETLC all for cost which is the biggest bonus. The BMH was $38 and the ETL was $36. haha. I will say I am sure I spent all my luck on the hunt after today. haha

I was able to get 2 GTS and 1 ER17. While on my hunt I was also lucky to pick up a BMH NAS Red Label (KY), and a ETLC all for cost which is the biggest bonus. The BMH was $38 and the ETL was $36. haha. I will say I am sure I spent all my luck on the hunt after today. haha

If that's all you end up with I'd say it's a success. I'm waiting for calls here in VA to see if I get lucky this year.

Id love to get a bottle of GTS here in Michigan but its going to be hard to justify the price, if I can even find one, with all the other great stuff running around here right now.

Still no luck securing any BTACs. But I have been able to secure a bottle each of FR LSmB, Parker's Heritage, and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. If I can grab at least one BTAC on top of those I'll be happy with this year's yield.

Still no luck securing any BTACs. But I have been able to secure a bottle each of FR LSmB, Parker's Heritage, and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. If I can grab at least one BTAC on top of those I'll be happy with this year's yield.

Nice. First person I've seen secure OFBB. I'm looking forward to the reviews on this one.

Just noticed I received an email from Bevmo. Looks like they are changing up how these are being distributed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.