What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2014

bin31z
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a 10+ year old OESF barrel proof from K&L. I figure this is the next best thing next to getting the 2014 LE SiB.
Agreed. I did the same thing from a different retailer. Hope it treats you well!

Picked up a 10+ year old OESF barrel proof from K&L. I figure this is the next best thing next to getting the 2014 LE SiB.

I didn't get the K&L pick since I already have a local competitor's OESF, but their OESQ is also quite good. I went back there yesterday and picked up a bottle of John J Bowman single barrel.

f3fbe307447cf3c4d13dc3bb92cf5da0.jpg

I didn't get the K&L pick since I already have a local competitor's OESF, but their OESQ is also quite good. I went back there yesterday and picked up a bottle of John J Bowman single barrel.

f3fbe307447cf3c4d13dc3bb92cf5da0.jpg

Ummm where is this pic taken at because there is a ton of the 2014 LE. I want!!!

Ummm where is this pic taken at because there is a ton of the 2014 LE. I want!!!

Me too.

I did not notice the bottles until you pointed them out.

:grin:

e2yzehu6.jpg

Walked into a Central NC ABC store this afternoon and found two of these. Only took one so there's still one there for someone else. Never thought I'd find one...

Me too.

I did not notice the bottles until you pointed them out.

:grin:

Just part of my bunker which has this weird overgrowth issue lately. I'll have to remedy that by having more pours. It's a combo of 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 LE SiB

Got a Binny's OBSK bottle - very much looking forward to trying it out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19406[/ATTACH]

Should be a good one. The 2013 LE OBSK was one of my favs.

Just part of my bunker which has this weird overgrowth issue lately. I'll have to remedy that by having more pours. It's a combo of 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 LE SiB

Oops...I thought it was some magical store [emoji30]

post-8428-1448982148265_thumb.jpgVWFRR my first bottle. Won the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19407[/ATTACH]VWFRR my first bottle. Won the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

That is a hell of an effort. :lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19407[/ATTACH]VWFRR my first bottle. W

on the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

Well done Z!! That is a bottle with a story for sure. Congrats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19407[/ATTACH]VWFRR my first bottle. Won the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

that's determination. hell, sometimes I wont even drive to the other end of town to try to find something

Wow. That is an impressive level of dedication. Bravo sir!

They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

Send Julian an email, perhaps they'll put your story on the website.

VWFRR my first bottle. Won the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

You win in determination and effort!

Cheers

I can totally see them making a "what would you do for a pappy bar" page. :lol:

Send Julian an email, perhaps they'll put your story on the website.

I'd cross the street if traffic were light and it wasn't raining.

I'd quit going altogether if I could order from Amazon.

VWFRR my first bottle. Won the Pappy lottery at ABC in Florida which was great news. Bad news is I live in Texas. They only give you two weeks to pick it up so I cashed in airline miles, rental car credit and parking credit. Landed at 12pm in Orlando and back in Dallas at 6pm. Total cost for trip $12 plus food. Bottle was a retail. I might be crazy but my Pappy collection is finally complete as it ever will be.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!