What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2014

bin31z
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up the new PHC this afternoon. I really like the regular Bernheim Wheat that has been out for several years, but must admit, that I was less than thrilled with the PHC bottle that was out at KBF. However, that was late on the last night and I believe the inside of my palate was screaming No mas! No mas! at the time...:lol: Will try anew and see how it goes.

I'm planning on bringing mine on Friday if you want another test drive :)

Love having family looking out for their out-of-state seed. Dad called and asked if I was interested in a GTS if he could snag an "extra one". Took about 1 second to respond "Uh - YEAH!" Have to wait until Christmas to pick it up, but already looking like a Happy Holidays!

Picked up the new PHC this afternoon. I really like the regular Bernheim Wheat that has been out for several years, but must admit, that I was less than thrilled with the PHC bottle that was out at KBF. However, that was late on the last night and I believe the inside of my palate was screaming No mas! No mas! at the time...:lol: Will try anew and see how it goes.

Eagerly awaiting your new thoughts.

I'm planning on bringing mine on Friday if you want another test drive :)

Love having family looking out for their out-of-state seed. Dad called and asked if I was interested in a GTS if he could snag an "extra one". Took about 1 second to respond "Uh - YEAH!" Have to wait until Christmas to pick it up, but already looking like a Happy Holidays!

Is this the only way he can get you home? :)

Eagerly awaiting your new thoughts.

I'm working on it now, Hugh. I'm liking it now, much better. Nowhere near as hot as my previous experience. I was just too scorched at KBF to enjoy it. Full review to come!

I've been quite curious about that one. I wonder if I'll see any around here.

I managed a sample during KBF week. I generally don't care for the Beam profile, but was impressed. Story I heard was employee who was working on this project had retired.....they forgot and let age longer than planned.

Two Baker's 107, batch B-90-001. Sale $39.99 each, plus a discount since I bought both. I can't find anything on the batch number and whether it means anything, but it's printed on the label so I am doubtful.

One of them has a metal gold ring around the top, about 1cm from the top of the glass (around the wax). The other doesn't. Makes me wonder if it means anything!

Edited by bmajazz

Two Baker's 107, batch B-90-001. Sale $39.99 each, plus a discount since I bought both. I can't find anything on the batch number and whether it means anything, but it's printed on the label so I am doubtful.

One of them has a metal gold ring around the top, about 1cm from the top of the glass (around the wax). The other doesn't. Makes me wonder if it means anything!

Its the key to a secret code that you can only find by emptying the bottle.

I too picked up a PHC 2014 last night thanks to help from a friend [cough]Joe[cough] and look forward to cracking it soon. Although, if Gary is bringing his then I guess mine can stay sealed for a few mor days. ;)

:lol: Nah - I'd planned to go before this. Although if I let my mom believe that securing a bottle of <fill in blank> would bring me home more often - I would be set! (well - until my Dad starts to figure out that she is simply raiding his bunker :lol:)

I secretly envy you. not a single person in my family cares for bourbon, or any alcohol for that matter. Itd be fun to share a drink with yo' pops.

Snagged a PHC 14 ($87? cheapest, Ive heard), BT Store Selection and an ETLC just sitting there for $38.

Successful Friday!!

Snagged a PHC 14 ($87? cheapest, Ive heard), BT Store Selection and an ETLC just sitting there for $38.

Successful Friday!!

I think you can say you've had a successful week!

Random S Ga liquor store and collecting dust. Guess Weller isn't desirable .

What a find. In Virginia, Weller 12 is like unicorn, doesn't exist.

What a find. In Virginia, Weller 12 is like unicorn, doesn't exist.

My batting average for finding a treasure is 1 for 100. Bound to get one.

"Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while."

That said, no amount of blind-doggery is going to find a Weller 12 in CA. They are only found strapped to unicorns here as well.

Congratulations!

Too bad for us that liquor store owners and others started hyping Weller as Pappy Jr. which it's not.

Too bad for us that liquor store owners and others started hyping Weller as Pappy Jr. which it's not.

Today I ended a long dry streak with some Maker's Mark C.S., a store selection Knob Creek, and a 2014 Four Roses Single Barrel L.E..

The last one was a big surprise since I thought those were all gone.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!